Overriding ( bypass) the plug-in interlock circuit

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi E

I am a new owner of an EV, miev.
I got it for a project. As part of the project I need to bypass ( override) the plug-in interlock circuit, so the on board charger can accept current via the plug-in circuit while the car is driving.
If anyone share some ideas, I will greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Where or how would you get a source of AC power (120 or 240 vac) to plug into the charge port while driving?

The EV-ECU is the master control unit for the car, driving or charging.

I am currently working on a concept which will generate way over 240 AC volts as the car drives, I have tested this, the last of the puzzle is a way to connect the power supply to the charging circuit.

I am currently working on a concept which will generate way over 240 AC volts as the car drives, I have tested this, the last of the puzzle is a way to connect the power supply to the charging circuit.
Don’t think AC charging while driving using the OBC is possible for a number of reasons.

Better option (imho) would be to convert it to (360V) DC and power the HV pack/inverter directly, but that isn’t as simple as it sounds either..

Mickey

Thanks Mickey for your input.
Do you happen to know the best Mitsubishi miev software tool which could be used to make changes to the ECU programming?

I am also trying to identify the cables from the inverter to the onboard charger, via which the Regen inputs to the charger, I wonder if this route could be used

I am also trying to identify the cables from the inverter to the onboard charger, via which the Regen inputs to the charger, I wonder if this route could be used
The OBC isn’t active (apart from the 12V aux DC/DC section) when in READY (i.e driving).

Regen energy produced by the 3 phase AC motor is going directly into the HV battery by running the inverter ‘in reverse’

Do you happen to know the best Mitsubishi miev software tool which could be used to make changes to the ECU programming?
Diagbox / MUT3 are the dealer diagnostic tools which allow you to download FW to the ECUs, however the files required are proprietary and there is little to no information on how to modify them.

Thanks Mickey, you mean you add a new battery pack? .
Can't I charge the drive battery itself via the high voltage pathway?

Then you feed directly into the HV line? Does that mean the HV pathway doesn't need ECU activation?
Do I just attach the auxiliary DC input to the battery input terminals?

Then you feed directly into the HV line?
Yes
Does that mean the HV pathway doesn't need ECU activation?
With the car ready, HV pathway is active
Do I just attach the auxiliary DC input to the battery input terminals?
Not advisable unless you can match the voltage of the HV battery at all time to prevent equalisation currents.

Every little bit helps but imho you’d want to be able to provide at least 1kW continuous DC power (360V/3A) to make this project worth your while…

Sorry I missed out on you previous question, what kind of power can I generate.
So far I have achieved 700v AC/ 300 DC at same speed and between 250 to 300 Dc sustainable

Back