Overriding ( bypass) the plug-in interlock circuit

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi E

I am a new owner of an EV, miev.
I got it for a project. As part of the project I need to bypass ( override) the plug-in interlock circuit, so the on board charger can accept current via the plug-in circuit while the car is driving.
If anyone share some ideas, I will greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Where or how would you get a source of AC power (120 or 240 vac) to plug into the charge port while driving?

The EV-ECU is the master control unit for the car, driving or charging.

I am currently working on a concept which will generate way over 240 AC volts as the car drives, I have tested this, the last of the puzzle is a way to connect the power supply to the charging circuit.

I am currently working on a concept which will generate way over 240 AC volts as the car drives, I have tested this, the last of the puzzle is a way to connect the power supply to the charging circuit.
Don’t think AC charging while driving using the OBC is possible for a number of reasons.

Better option (imho) would be to convert it to (360V) DC and power the HV pack/inverter directly, but that isn’t as simple as it sounds either..

Mickey

Thanks Mickey for your input.
Do you happen to know the best Mitsubishi miev software tool which could be used to make changes to the ECU programming?

I am also trying to identify the cables from the inverter to the onboard charger, via which the Regen inputs to the charger, I wonder if this route could be used

Back