I'm buying a non-runner MIEV here in Japan!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My FULL CHIP Lexia 3 cable arrived yesterday finally. But the driver's aren't loading correctly and it's still an 'unknown device'.

I need to start over again with a clean OS install. Just need to figure out which OS is the best one to use. I see you used XP. Readme doc says to use Win 7 32bit and only up to 7.57 of Diagbox is best
Yes, I use Diagbox 7.58 on Win XP; my Lexia cable shows as ACTIA USB Devices (USB COM Board Evolution Driver) in Device manager.

I did use the CDs provided with the clone, even the outdated Virus scanner was on constant overdrive but who cares, it’s an old laptop only running Diagbox without Wi-Fi access…
.Oh yeah. I was forgetting about that driver by @kolyandex. That looks promising. I REALLY want to get MUT-3 working
Best chance of that happening seems to be using a genuine Tactrix Openport 2.0. Just be wary, others have reported that kolyandex has a tendency to overpromise and underperform.

Last edited:
The car has been running great. So grateful again for all your help. Thank you guys.

I've not had time to get back to trying to get the full chip lexia cable working. Will do though eventually here soon.

But in the meantime, I thought I might order a second key fob as I only have one right now. Model G8D-841M-KEY-D. Two buttons.

Any recommendations on ordering a replacement? Do you know if the JDM ones are different than other countries?

Aliexpress has other model numbers that look the same, but not sure if they'll work.

Also, what's the best procedure you've used to program these?

Oh, and do you know if a used key can be reprogrammed? I found one on ebay and another on yahoo auctions.

Also, anyone know if it's a 315 mhz key? I found this page that shows it as 315mhz:
https://automotivekeysupply.com/products/mitsubishi-prox-remote-used-g8d-841m-key-d-2-2-2b
1728997897442.png

Attachments

• IMG_9794.jpeg
    IMG_9794.jpeg
    56 KB
  • IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    49.9 KB
Last edited:
I've not had time to get back to trying to get the full chip lexia cable working. Will do though eventually here soon.

Also, what's the best procedure you've used to program these?

Oh, and do you know if a used key can be reprogrammed? I found one on ebay and another on yahoo auctions.
You need Diagbox/MUT3 to (re?) program a fob (remote lock/unlock) or pair a new key (transponder chip).

I finally just got the VCI cable visible in psa-diag.fr VM version 9.91r3!
(Edit: Actually the r3 version came on a CD with one of my cables. It wasn't from psa-diag.fr. I'll try theirs again later.)

I'm finally seeing it show up as Actia USB Devices > USB Com Board Evolution Driver (UMDF) in device manger! Yes!

And the PSA Interface checker V3 also sees it now as INIT OK and version APPLI_XS_Fuji_P106138A V4.4.0 @ ACTIA 17.09.20
Reference serial is 921815 C/

Edit: I also got the VCI detected in the psa-diag.fr VM version 7.57 as well now too!
1729222872339.png

I'm not at home to plug it into the car right now though but will when I get home. Fingers crossed it works!

But one problem is diagbox is asking for a 17 character VIN. My car has a Japanese chassis number which is much shorter. So I'm not sure it will work. :(

Has anyone shared their VIN on here that I could try to type it in if it doesn't auto find my car and talk to it?

About XP & Win 7 32 bit OS installs:
I'd also like to still figure out how to get a 7.57 or 7.58 install to work on XP or Win 7 32bit so I can do it myself in case it works better for my car. Any idea on the drivers required to get past the unknown device on those OSs?

Based on the driver name in the Vmware 9.91r3 VM, I'm going to try this driver in XP and Win 7 32 bit next to see if it helps.
https://www.driverscape.com/download/usb-com-board-evolution-driver-(-multi-instance-)

Also, in the virtualbox 7.57 VM it shows this driver:
1729222597101.png

https://www.driverscape.com/download/usb-com-board-evolution-driver-(-multi-instance-)

So far I have not been able to successfully install any version of the software directly on Win 7 32 or 64 bit or Win 10.

I tried last night on XP but the Diagbox 7.01 installation also fails because it is not registered after entering scary01. This was a fresh install of XP on an old HP E5430 laptop.

It simply says: "Activation failed (error o)". Or sometimes that there is no internet connection. But all read-me files say not to connect it to the internet.

I'm on my 7th try at least with different OS and VM versions and still no luck.

I must be missing a step or not finding the right drivers to install.

Attachments

• 1729222803671.png
    1729222803671.png
    97.6 KB
Last edited:
Well I got home tonight and tried it on both VMs. Says it can't update the VCI and so won't proceed.

It wasn't doing this when I was testing at work. So I wonder if when I switched the VCI around on different versions of Diagbox it didn't like updating the VCI each time with a different version of the firmware? Is that how these work? They need a specific firmware version for each different version of Diagbox?

If so, which firmware versions match which Diagbox version and where do I get the firmware files to update the VCI cable manually?

No idea, my installation doesn’t even feature a VCI checker??
Ever tried the ‘non full chip version’?
Yeah, I couldn't get it to work before. I've misplaced it since. So until I find it I won't be able to try it with my new understanding of how all this works.

I did get the full chip version of the cable talking tonight though! :)

I downloaded the v9.068 VM version from psa-diag.fr and I was finally able to get it to talk to the car!

But I had to use a VIN I found in one of the posts someone made sharing their full 17 digit VIN number.

I used WEGTPHE4XBXXX01--, from this post: https://myimiev.com/threads/another-i-miev-battery-pack-failing-help.4308/post-39058

Sadly it didn't read all components of my car. But the MCU was one that did work. I grabbed some screenshots.

I wished someone knew how to get these JDM cars with only a chassis number to read. It seems like I may only be able to use MUT3 with these.

Last edited:
Back