I'm buying a non-runner MIEV here in Japan!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My FULL CHIP Lexia 3 cable arrived yesterday finally. But the driver's aren't loading correctly and it's still an 'unknown device'.

I need to start over again with a clean OS install. Just need to figure out which OS is the best one to use. I see you used XP. Readme doc says to use Win 7 32bit and only up to 7.57 of Diagbox is best
Yes, I use Diagbox 7.58 on Win XP; my Lexia cable shows as ACTIA USB Devices (USB COM Board Evolution Driver) in Device manager.

I did use the CDs provided with the clone, even the outdated Virus scanner was on constant overdrive but who cares, it’s an old laptop only running Diagbox without Wi-Fi access…
.Oh yeah. I was forgetting about that driver by @kolyandex. That looks promising. I REALLY want to get MUT-3 working
Best chance of that happening seems to be using a genuine Tactrix Openport 2.0. Just be wary, others have reported that kolyandex has a tendency to overpromise and underperform.

Last edited:
The car has been running great. So grateful again for all your help. Thank you guys.

I've not had time to get back to trying to get the full chip lexia cable working. Will do though eventually here soon.

But in the meantime, I thought I might order a second key fob as I only have one right now. Model G8D-841M-KEY-D. Two buttons.

Any recommendations on ordering a replacement? Do you know if the JDM ones are different than other countries?

Aliexpress has other model numbers that look the same, but not sure if they'll work.

Also, what's the best procedure you've used to program these?

Oh, and do you know if a used key can be reprogrammed? I found one on ebay and another on yahoo auctions.

Also, anyone know if it's a 315 mhz key? I found this page that shows it as 315mhz:
https://automotivekeysupply.com/products/mitsubishi-prox-remote-used-g8d-841m-key-d-2-2-2b
1728997897442.png

Attachments

• IMG_9794.jpeg
    IMG_9794.jpeg
    56 KB
  • IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    49.9 KB
Last edited:
I've not had time to get back to trying to get the full chip lexia cable working. Will do though eventually here soon.

Also, what's the best procedure you've used to program these?

Oh, and do you know if a used key can be reprogrammed? I found one on ebay and another on yahoo auctions.
You need Diagbox/MUT3 to (re?) program a fob (remote lock/unlock) or pair a new key (transponder chip).

Back