Battery pack change plans

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The CMU boards are reporting data via the CAN bus, which means they’re all in parallel and therefore the order doesn’t matter:
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/img/90/HET04E03CC00ENG.pdf

On the other hand, the facility to re-number the CMU IDs is indeed daisy chained, wouldn’t have thought the order mattered in that regard but seemingly it does, thanks for clarifying.
My thoughts were exactly that too, oops. If its CAN it should not matter but somehow it did and theres way too many combinations to try changing the boards around to get the right order, So it went on a trailer and I burnt some diesel to get it to a local shop to fix

My thoughts were exactly that too, oops. If its CAN it should not matter but somehow it did and theres way too many combinations to try changing the boards around to get the right order, So it went on a trailer and I burnt some diesel to get it to a local shop to fix
Hindsight is great but if you had just one CMU connected to CAN at the time you could have gotten its ID via OBD and then matched it to the layout..

Back