I'm buying a non-runner MIEV here in Japan!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all that - so sorry to hear. Thank you for all the details.

BTW, my 2012 i-MiEVs will not 'start' (i.e., go into READY) in N, but only 'start' in P.
Thanks. I just tried it and mine also does not go into start in N. It will only go into ON mode.

If the the fault is within controller board 1 then this is excepted

Try MCU2 with controller 2 and clear DCTs or MCU3 altogether
Alright. Taking out MCU2 now (With the car's original MCU in it). Will try MCU3 now.

Thanks.

Car is fixed!

Phew!...

It goes into D and R without error now. Accelerator raises the rear wheels RPMs on each side. Yes!

Just worked when I installed MCU3 in it. No programming required.

I guess the JDM cars don't care about the chassis number after all?

No new VIN/Chassis number related DTCs thrown.

Just the U1111 error code is still present. Not sure how to clear it yet.

Thank you @kiev and @MickeyS70. I am very grateful for all the patience and knowledge you have shared this past week with me.

I have learned so much. Which is the real win here. And hopefully my struggles and your input will help others who come after me.

I will continue to update my posts here and share some more details as I learn new things.

Thank you again.

Thanks to you as well @JoeS. Got 'er goin'!

Now to learn how to optimize the drum brakes so they don't have any resistance on the car. :)

Last edited:
Seems like a great tool for adjusting the brake pads quickly:

I think I'm going to use a bit less tensions on my drum pads though to reduce the constant friction to increase battery range.

Back