Hello from Kent county England

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackwoodsBungalow

I am in the process of buying a 2012 Peugeot Ion.
It has a low mileage of about 12k but it has been sitting for months, so I am nervous about driving it home from West London to Kent via the M25.
I have been interested in the iMiEV since it was launched. I have owned mostly Peugeot cars (203, 403, 404 & 106) so I chose as a Peugeot Ion.
My daily commute was too long but now I work from home & I am will retire soon so I am finally able to a short range EV.
I prefer the blue colour, and it took a long time to find a blue Peugeot Ion in good condition not too far away.
I have been reading recent threads and appreciate the contributions from members for problem solving.

Attachments

• PeugeotIonBlueRightFrontDoor.png
    PeugeotIonBlueRightFrontDoor.png
    524.6 KB
Hi, Not sure what your reason for posting was exactly but I drove a 2012 iOn with about 40k mikes on it from near Hertford to Oban 500 miles) a few years back / 3 days and 13 charging stops (inc 2 overnight 100% charges).
I had also previously taken it on several 200-300 mile trips and it was flawless. Just establish what your reliable full to empty range is locally (so you don’t have far to get home if you get v low on SOC) and then plan accordingly.

Mine would reliably do 70mph for about 35 miles between 20 and 80% and then take 20 mins or so to charge back up to 80% on a rapid DC charger.

Still think it was the best car I’ve ever owned (till I bought my Model S in 2015) and I still/also have a 2009 I-MiEV (daily driver/‘work’ car) and a ‘spare’ 2011 iOn (same lovely blue as yours) that I bought last October dead (one defective cell - all others were fine - and the P1A15 pre-charge problem fixed with a 2Mohm resistor).

If I were not a/ supposedly retired b/ not 64 and c/ not residing on a small Hebridean island in the middle of the Gulf Stream, a 2.5 hour ferry from anywhere, I’d be ringing every scrap car dealer in a 100 mile radius and picking up every single apparently dead ‘clone’ I could find!

Hello and welcome to the forum
I am in the process of buying a 2012 Peugeot Ion.
Congratulations
It has a low mileage of about 12k but it has been sitting for months, so I am nervous about driving it home from West London to Kent via the M25.
I would bring a fully charged 12V aux battery with you:

https://www.gogreenautos.co.uk/how-tos/mitsubishi-i-miev-12v-auxiliary-battery

You may also need to charge the HV battery before before taking off or along the way, for Rapid charging look out for public CHAdeMon stations, AC (slow) charging is done via a type 1 cable (hopefully provided with the car)
it took a long time to find a blue Peugeot Ion in good condition not too far away.
I have been reading recent threads and appreciate the contributions from members for problem solving.
Apart from the obvious good looks, how did you determine it was in good condition?

Buying my I-MIEV involved a 60 mile drive home.
The guessometer showed 55miles range when fully charged.
I preplanned three ChadeMo DC charge points using the ZapMap planner.
You can select the type of chargers it displays.
On the day I only needed one stop at one of those points, a Waitrose supermarket with a cafe.
My first experience of chargepoints did not go smoothly.
Getting it to accept any of my three credit cards.
And it only put a few kWhs in .
(It has been suggested that one cell quickly hit max volts and stopped the charging. Slow AC charging has always fully charged)

Your 100 mile trip will involve one or maybe two stops.
So as mickey said, check the charging before making the trip.
On the M25 ? Sooner you than me, I tool mine home down A and B roads.
Consider getting it delivered to you on a flatbed truck, lots of companies to choose from.
Last time I asked for quotes I was sent similar prices from five or six companies.
A few days later the same companies were knocking a third off the quotes !

Consider getting it delivered to you on a flatbed truck, lots of companies to choose from.
Last time I asked for quotes I was sent similar prices from five or six companies.
A few days later the same companies were knocking a third off the quotes !
Another option, if you feel adventurous, borrow an A-Frame from a garage and tow it home yourself…

https://myimiev.com/threads/towing-the-i.177/

Back