I'm buying a non-runner MIEV here in Japan!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The miev only has 88 cells, so the 117 makes no sense.
Thanks. I didn't realize I'd chosen the miev van profile originally. Definite oversight.

I've added the following note above to the posts with that 117 cell screenshot and will post more correct screenshots later. I wanted to keep the mistakes posted so others could read and learn in order to avoid them as well. Thanks for you and Mickey pointing that out.

Later Edit: My i-miev does NOT have 117 cells. I had the wrong profile chosen in hobdrive. I had somehow chosen the miev van titanate profile which is INCORRECT. It should be the i-miev LI-ION profile which will show the correct 88 battery cells. So this screenshot for hobdrive below is not reflecting reality correctly within this post. I will post correct screenshots again in a later post below.
i know you drained your pack from Full, but does your car charge properly with no DTC?
Yes, I drained it down now to about 61-63% while it is sitting idle. But I've not tried to charge it up yet. In fact, I'm glad you asked as I was going to open up the MCU this morning, but will first try to charge it to confirm if this is working. I was assuming the charging was all working as it had a full 100% charge when I got it, so thought the prior owner had tried to charge it to see if that would fix it, but that didn't help. I'll test charging this morning before taking opening up the MCU.

The cover of the MCU can be removed without disconnect under the seat, if care is taken to ensure there is no HV from the pack. The only reason i mention is that many folks have caused an Airbag system fault when doing this, and that code can't be cleared easily. If the correct sequence is followed then the DTC won't occur, but more times than not folks get caught by it.

Oh, I was forgetting about that airbag fault I'd read others cause. I think people get caught up by this because in other forums I'd read that the seat needs to be pulled out completely. But read elsewhere here on this forum I think it was that you can just slide the seat all the way back and still get access to the cover. So that is a lot less work unbolting and risking an error from disconnecting that sensor. This is why I hang out here. You guys save me so much frustration and risk. Thank you.

You never answered my question about the fasteners on the OBDLink LX, but i'm happy to sit back and watch.
That question I must have missed. I'm usually pretty good about reading everything carefully but don't recall that one. Apologies. The screws on it? I'll try to find your question and reply.

Thanks again for this. It all helps.

Sadly it will be 3 days before the auction ends on the MCU we're bidding on, so I will lose some days here.

But I have ordered the best FULL CHIP version of the Lexia 3 cable as recommended by that all French language forum site. I'd done further reading and it really matters it turns out to get the best one as lesser quality versions of this cable don't always write properly nor work with all versions of Diagbox like the FULL CHIP version does. I'll share more on this later.

Thanks guys.

I once repaired a car with stuck contacts in the high-voltage battery. The HV did not turn off. It is necessary to check.
Okay. Good to know. Thanks.

I'll definitely be using the multimeter on the incoming battery leads to the MCU before continuing to work in there after pulling the main fuse. Always best to check and be sure. Thank you. Will do.

Oh, so to clean that back motor compartment of dust. You'd posted earlier I can just vacuum it and then use soapy water on it?

Safe to get lots of water in there and hose it all out? Or don't over do it with the water?

I wouldn't mind getting one good high pressure hose-down in there but don't want further problems cause by doing so should that be a thing. I've read posts about water getting into some pump motor was it?

Actually, I may just leave the deep cleaning until after it's all running and confirmed good.

That way I can move it and park it in an area where I can use lots of water and it can all run off down the drain easier then. Right now it's in the garage and I can't really do that there anyway...

Last edited:
Seems that car scanner says the OBD-II protocol used to talk to my 2011 JDM miev is ISO 15765-4 CAN. 11 bit ID, 500 kbaud.

So are these identifier numbers used for anything?
1727569278264.png
asdf
1727569263015.png
asdf

Attachments

• 1727569207639.png
    1727569207639.png
    80.1 KB
Okay. Correct readings now with the correct hobdrive profile chosen: Miev -Li-Ion:

88 cell volt BMU page
1727569443496.png
66 cell temp page
1727569525326.png
66 Temp Diagram page
1727569537760.png
MCU page
1727569556119.png
EV-ECU page
1727569570905.png
CHARGE page
1727569612925.png
BMU page
1727569662542.png

CMU6 page. So why does page 6 and 12 show only 4 cells vs 8 cells for all the other modules?

1727569817492.png
CMU1 page for comparison
1727569893195.png

Back