Should I check my battery before the warranty expires?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_Joker

Hi all

I realized we only have about 2 months left on our warranty, and I started thinking about the battery's condition....it seems to be fine, but I’m wondering if it would be worth getting it checked just to be on the safe side. My car has 38,000 miles on it, and I recently drove 50 miles even when the display showed about 5 miles remaining. Given the mileage and the distance I managed to drive, I can’t help but think the battery must still be in decent shape....But I really don’t want to be the first one to discover how much a battery pack replacement costs!

Do you think it’s a good idea to have the battery inspected before the warranty runs out? Any advice would be appreciated

Hi all

I realized we only have about 2 months left on our warranty, and I started thinking about the battery's condition....it seems to be fine, but I’m wondering if it would be worth getting it checked just to be on the safe side. My car has 38,000 miles on it, and I recently drove 50 miles even when the display showed about 5 miles remaining. Given the mileage and the distance I managed to drive, I can’t help but think the battery must still be in decent shape....But I really don’t want to be the first one to discover how much a battery pack replacement costs!

Do you think it’s a good idea to have the battery inspected before the warranty runs out? Any advice would be appreciated
The warranty only covers a faulty battery (no longer charging to 16 bars), degradation, no matter how bad, doesn’t warrant any action by the dealer, unfortunately.

Back