Salvage i-MiEV for sale

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

Here's a salvage i-MiEV in Illinois. Looks like it rolled completely.

http://www.salvageautosauction.com/vehicle_detail/Salvage-2012-Mitsubishi-I+MIEV+ES/-for-Sale/lot-31824633/Pekin-Illinois/id/1/pg/1

I looked at that a couple of days ago. I would think someone who bought one of the many "flood" cars out there would be jumping all over this one.

Yes, Ben still has the drowned raspberry, and he bid on the car yesterday, but every bid was immediately raised by an Illinois buyer. The car went for $2350, IIRC. I want a salvage i pack, but after the fires due to rough cell handling/ dropped cells during manufacture, would think twice before using em in an ev if taken from a car that was that badly damaged. (That car looked like it was dropped backwards off a bridge.) Now for a range trailer stored outside, it's a horse of a different color!

What I find interesting is that nearly all the wrecked i-MiEV's I've seen, the door frames hold their shape. Even the back left door on this one, the main structure on top is smashed, but it didn't crunch the top of the door, though all the Windows are blown out.

I'd sure like to hear the story on this one, as for the life of me I can't fathom how it was rolled, and how it got both the front and aft end damage? I'd be willing to bet it landed on its feet. I like jray3's hypothesis that it got pushed off a bridge … or maybe an embankment?. Regarding battery survivability, although I've heard that bicycle-mounted electric drive systems have had vibration/shock-related issues, I hadn't heard that for larger EVs. Considering some of the potholes I've whapped with my iMiEV's tires at 60psi, I wouldn't worry about a gentle little rollover hurting the battery pack. :roll:

That would be my guess. Barrel-rolled down an embankment, clipped a rock or stump with the hood, which spun it enough to land hard on the back roof, then land on its wheels.

The wheels must not have hit anything hard since they still look aligned. Also, the front airbags never went off.

Hi,
Yes the car seems to have rolled completely , the damage is terrible.I am interested in knowing that has anybody purchased this car at the salvageautosauction ?

My guess on this car since it is being sold in Peoria which is about a hour away from me and since there doesn't appear to be one air bag deployed, it was damaged from the tornado that went through Washington, IL in November. We were just up in that town a few weeks ago winter has slowed recovery along with insurance claims. Could see that this car could be from there or around the area. Was a scary day of some of the highest winds I had ever seen. We coward in the basement, was glad my MiEV was in the garage that day because of the quarter in hail and 70mph winds.

Just a thought though since it looks like something fell on the left rear roof. Amazing how great of shape the frame is basically in.

:eek: Didn't even think of a tornado. Glad you and your family made it through OK.

I found that odd, too, that the airbags didn't go off.

Back