Permanently turning off Traction Control

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know the I-MIEV has a Traction Control switch, perhaps the US version has this ?

There is an ASC (Active Stability Control) switch.

ASC handles the ABS anti-lock braking, stability control, and traction control.

So do you want to permanently disable all of those, or just the traction control ?

I would guess that the ABS function has to be disabled so that the wheels can spin without intervention.

Just permanently disable the traction control, if that is even available to accomplish.
If I have to disable the ABS anti-lock braking, stability control, and traction control all at the same time, so be it.
I just need to know if there's a fuse I can pull to accomplish this.

The fuse for the ASC system powers other devices.
So the simplest fix is to pull the connector off the back of the ASC switch.
It's in the lower panel that is held by two screws at the very bottom,.
Then a sharp tug with the glovebox open will pull the panel off.

Thanks for the reply. My "on/off" traction control switch is located under the steering wheel on the drivers side.
I'm a little confused by the glove box reference which is on the opposite side of where my switch is located.

Unfortunately, unplugging the traction control did not turn it off. In fact, unplugging made the traction control activate much mor frequently and at slower speed, like 25 mph. So, for now, I'm just gonna have to turn it off manually.

Back