Miev with C-zero parts

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p1a2d p1a48 error remains constant, cannot be cleared.
The fan works, all connectors are in place, plugged in. If I put the "old/88 cell" bmu on, the fan works at high speed, but then CMU modules 6 and 12 are missing.
Where do I enter the VIN number?
Maybe it’s the fan that causes the issue, it won’t run with the 80 cell BMU, you need to manually close the relay, see post #15.

Thanks for this, I wonder, if in this particular case, it might be sufficient to use ignition 12V to activate the fan relay manually?
How can I do this?
Unfortunately, this is not a parts drawing (I'm a mechanical engineer), so it's a bit difficult to read. Sorry for that.
If I understand correctly, I would have to pull in a wire so that when I put the ignition on, the relay gets 12V and pulls in.

How can I do this?
Unfortunately, this is not a parts drawing (I'm a mechanical engineer), so it's a bit difficult to read. Sorry for that.
If I understand correctly, I would have to pull in a wire so that when I put the ignition on, the relay gets 12V and pulls in.
Yes, apologies the link I put up was wrong, it’s from a later model with the BMU inside the battery pack.

This is what I think (no guarantees, do it at your own risk) should work:

At the BMU cut the wire @ pin 12, add a wire going to pin 2 (12V ignition) and connect it to the wire from pin 12 that goes to the fan, it should run as soon as you turn on the key and hopefully clear your faults..

MickeyS70 Today I cut the wires, connected the pin points as you suggested.
Result: cleared the errors from the fault log, car starts, yellow car signal did not come up after repeated starts.
Plugged in 230V (my on-board charger is bad) the fan started working. I will get a repaired on board charger this weekend to test.
Congratulation!

Back