Main Traction Battery Upgrade i-MiEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work guys
Battery pack looks awesome.

And as for the 'oooooooh don't do that's.....'
Imiev is discontinued
People keeping good cars on the road and keeping EVs on the road and still for there purpose is great by me.

Finally I found the time to remove my pack and replace the CMU's. Powered up last night and connected the MUT3. No DTC's.

Yeah!

Next upgrade to the code I am going to work on is storing Remembered Ah so there will be less dependence on voltage checks. The code is already ported to a CANDuino board that has an SD card slot. (thanks to Mike Radtke) It also has room to add IC's so I may just add a EEPROM to the card.

Last edited:
Wow! I just read through this whole thread like a novel. Super interesting and impressive. Thanks everyone who is involved in this.
Before this forum I was looking for ready made upgraded battery packs and I stumbled over this Australian company who seems to have figured it out. Has anyone ever been in contact with them to ask how they solved the range limit?

Wow! I just read through this whole thread like a novel. Super interesting and impressive. Thanks everyone who is involved in this.
Before this forum I was looking for ready made upgraded battery packs and I stumbled over this Australian company who seems to have figured it out. Has anyone ever been in contact with them to ask how they solved the range limit?
It’s actually the other way around, they created a commercial product using some information obtained on this and other forums.

Their ‘black box’ also contains a CAN bridge but has a few more functions (e.g. cruise control/one pedal driving)

Back