ETACS config modification

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjdlsnbc

I started to write about ETACS here: https://myimiev.com/threads/tpms-on-i-mievs.1881/page-2
But i stopped in the middle because this is some general thing to discuss. Its not TPMS only related. There are many things that can be changed in ETACS.

So lets discuss this in a separate section.
There are ETACS options listed in Diagbox and MUT-3 SE that can be directly changed. This is not the main discussion point here. There was a topic about this 13 years ago. To change them, just open Diagbox or MUT-3 SE and change those: https://myimiev.com/threads/customization-functions-m-u-t-iii-etacs-horn-buzzer.275/

This here is about the ETACS options that are not offered for modification in Diagbox or MUT-3 SE.

To my research up until now there are in general 3 software tools to do ETACS modifications on Mitsubishi cars. Please add information about other ones if you know something about them.

1. MMCodingWriter - other Mitsubishi car model owners can be happy because their car is supported. @kolyandex does not want to add support for the imiev to it. When in 2019/2020 he developed this tool, he did not know how to get the information out of the imiev, so the option is not build into there. Now @kolyandex know how to add imiev functionality to MMCodingWriter but refuses to do anything on the software any more since about 4 years. And because no one else have the source code of MMCodingWriter, it seems to be a dead software for the imiev.

2. MUT Coding Mitsubishi - this tool does not look like its capable to read and write to ETACS on its own. I have read that you have to get the ETACS config out of your car with MUT-3 SE, modify it with the MUT Coding Mitsubishi tool and then use MUT-3 SE again to put it back in the car. The developer is named Bad-Teo and the forum about this tool is here: https://forum.kolyandex.su/viewforum.php?f=8 . The tool was free for download and use up until about 2020. The developer changed to payed version and i cant find an older version of it at the moment. Maybe someone else find it and could share it.

3. Etacs Decoder - this tool is the one that existed before MMCodingWriter came out and goes the same direction like MMCodingWriter. It can get the ETACS on its own from the car, modify it itself and then put it back in the car. No need for MUT-3 SE. But here the same happened. Developer not just closed the forum that seemed to be really awesome and had many great discussions in there. But the developer also changed in 2019 the tool from free for all to payed. Later on the developer lost his PayPal account and now the only way to get the tool from the developer is to use this crypto coins crap to pay the developer. Maybe the developer would shut down all on 31.12.2024. There is some hope there would be a last release for everyone for free use.
But until then i have find and download an old version of the tool. I have to test it. If its working, i would share it.

Because this is really essential: You really want to make a ETACS backup before modify with those third party tools the config file. It would be great if someone could find out how to get the ETACS config file from the imiev mit MUT-3 SE at first. @Rational , maybe you would like to find out how to get ETACS config out of the car with your now working MUT-3 SE and share the information here with some screenshots?

Back