Battery Capacity/Degradation

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS1128

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a Peugeot iOn (one of the clones) and I used OBDZero to check the battery capacity.
It reported a capacity of 37Ah. This is in a 2015, 70000km car.

Is this a good capacity for the km/age of the car? I'm a bit afraid that it will accelerate the degradation due to the age of the pack.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum

The reported 37Ah may not be correct if a battery calibration has not been performed regularly.

But your in luck, ODBZero has a function to calculate the current capacity. Run the CAP2 procedure and post the results if you’re not sure what the figures mean.

Mickey

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunantly I don't have access to the car now (its over 90km away).

It showed a 100km range on GoM with 95% charge, and the cells were a 4.05/4.06V.
The seller says it is doing the claimed range, BUT, that's what he says :)

I had another iOn (that I sold to my father in law), from 2017, 29000km, with 41Ah and I saw 131km in summer. I liked the car so much that I want another one :p

The 2015 car has LEV50N cells. Anecdotally, in my case, they are significantly superior over time than their predecessors. I had a pack replaced in 2015 and a couple of weeks ago had a RR of 71 miles at a (rare for me) 100%SoC.

Back