Resetting the Maintenence Meter

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveB

So it has been a year and my maintenance meter shows ------- for how many miles or months until the first maintenance service is due. I took care of that myself but now: how do you reset the month/miles until maintenance is required? I don't think I could find it in the manual. Anyone know?

Steve

It's in there- process involves holding down the plunger while depressing the brake pedal with your right foot and accelerating with your left foot, or some such thing. :roll:
Will check tonite if nobody posts the procedure.

Interested to hear the result of this question. Were you able to reset the light Steve?
How many miles does it come on at, or does it go by time?

Mike

Mike, I found on page 3-65 in the manual how to reset it. (going from memory on that page #) I did not try though. It says that it will reset itself after a "certain" time. I thought I might wait to see just if it actually does reset on its own.
I don't know exactly what the mileage was when it came up, but right about 8800 miles or so and 1 year after I bought it.

So, still waiting, but if I get impatient, I'll just go ahead and try to reset it.

Steve

I had thought about resetting mine, but then it shows numbers for months and miles and when clicking through all the different meter functions, all those number can get to be pretty confusing. Now that it's 'expired' it shows the dashed lines, which I think I prefer, so I kinda hope it never resets itself ;)

I would be really happy if there was someway to just delete those two functions from the meter! . . . . but until then, the dashed lines are the next best thing, IMO

Don

Back