Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malm said:
I just erase files that are stored by canion in the tablet memory and it starts running again. When it happened for the first time i restored the inicial tablet configurations, but now i just erase files associated with canion.
Malm, pardon my Android ignorance: how exactly do you do that?

I found where I can clear the "cache" but am reluctant to clear "data". So far, CaniOn 110 is running on my Hisense Sero Pro 7 on Android 4.2.1 with only one freeze, cleared after erasing cache (dunno why that should do anything) and restarting the app and reconnecting Bluetooth (but without unplugging/replugging the STN1170).

During an extended trip I like to leave CaniOn on the Wh/km History graph screen which also shows an Average Wh/km numeric. Still trying to digest the information available to us ... next step is to find the SQL history files and download them into my Mac.

I´m an android ignorant too. I found a directory called BT_CAN, and i erase all files that are there when canion refuses to iniciate. Then it starts to work fine, after reconnecting bluetooth.

Malm said:
I´m an android ignorant too. I found a directory called BT_CAN, and i erase all files that are there when canion refuses to iniciate. Then it starts to work fine, after reconnecting bluetooth.
Malm, thank you for this. Hopefully the CaniOn developers are continuing to iron out the bugs.

For Mac users -

I'm still a clueless Android user, but I wanted to get the CaniOn files out of my tablet (Hisense Sero Pro 7 running Android 4.2.1) into my Mac so I could at least look at them. My tablet has a tiny USB port normally used for charging using the cable and charger that came with it - the charger end is a normal USB connector.

I downloaded the Android<-->Mac file transfer application for the Mac and installed it onto my Macintosh (after a virus scan, FWIW). I then merely plugged in the tablet's USB cable into the Mac and opened the app and the Mac saw all the Android files. :!: The CaniOn files are located in the BT_CAN folder. Successfully transferred a few data files (.txt) and successfully imported them into Excel on the Mac. I also brought in a few CaniOn screenshots (.png) I had taken from Android Pictures/Screenshots. Pretty pictures all look good.

Now that I see it can all work, just need to find the time to build some custom Excel spreadsheets and replicate CaniOn's pretty graphs. Maybe next year, but in the meantime I at least can look at the numbers ...

Note: the Android file transfer application did not want to open on my older PowerPC iMac (OSX10.5) but worked great on my four-year-old Intel Mac Mini under OSX 10.6.8.

HTH

Since I have updated to canion110 from canion107 The app seems to go into a mode where it will refuse to start correctly.

As mentioned removing the file btcan.db will get the app going again but the data history database is gone except for the .txt files in that directory which have lot's of logged data.

Despite this problem with canion110 When I was running canion 107 I gathered up a couple thousand KM of data in the Montreal area (from Sept to Nov) and plotted out a SOC vs KM and RR vs KM.

They are uploaded here:

http://imgur.com/a/gy3PT/embed

To achieve this I copied the Canion database to the computer and extracted some of the data with the sqlite plugin for firefox and plotted with excel.

There are some gaps in the data because I did not log all the trips with Canion but there is a lot of data.

A few things to note:
1) I'm pretty conservative I don't run the battery to low SOC down very much.
2) Lot's of short trips down to 50% of the battery.
3) Mostly charge to 80-90 percent with few 100 percent charges.

I can conclude that I could probably charge to 75% and discharge to a little lower SOC and things would be fine for most of the trips.

Most of this stuff I already knew but it's kind of nice to see it in a plot.

Don.....

Nice data thanks for sharing. I got a 154km RR the other day. Thats the most i have seen after charging normal driving. looks like its about the same in your graph.

As I said in the above post my conion has been much more stable now after the update. Not sure why or if I have just got lucky. It hasn't dropped out even once. Running on a Nexus 7 v2 tablet.

Kurt

DonDakin said:
Since I have updated to canion110 from canion107 The app seems to go into a mode where it will refuse to start correctly.

As mentioned removing the file btcan.db will get the app going again but the data history database is gone except for the .txt files in that directory which have lot's of logged data......

Bonsoir,

Please do not delete this file (or you will loose your history) , just rename it... and send it to me, I will try to understand the origin for this problem.
Sometimes, I must do a cold restart on my phone and everything works fine...

Xavier

I don't have the dongle (yet). Can somebody read and post SOC at point where --- (zero km or miles) turns to 1 km (mile) while charging? THX

I have canion but i never seen SoC variation at so low charge when charging. I think first bar will appear at 12.5%. At 12% the last bar disappears, that i saw one time. I don't now how much SoC is needed to get from --- to 1 km.

Ahora que ya dejaste de ser ciego, ¿me puedes decir si tu coche consigue el 100% SoC después de una carga completa? Mine only goes, usually, to 95,5%. I assume you are not from Sevilha or Múrcia, because then, reading my post's, you should be scared to death.

Hey! What a surprise! :shock:

I thought I was in a Spanish forum, I had to re-check the url :lol:

Claro, eu posso olhar e dizer-lhe... mas me dê alguns dias. ;)

(Of course, I can look at it, but give me a few days). Still do not know to handle it. I wonder also why I am, by far, the least RR achieved by all users (who have registered their data in the sheet). Reasons probably: very mountainous area and high speed. By the way, I'm from the north, near Bilbao and I can reach France without intermediate recharging (but no return) :lol:

"Claro, eu posso olhar e dizer-lhe... mas me dê alguns dias."

Esto es portugués de Brasil. Gracias, sí, vamos a estar en Brasil. Yo estoy aquí (Gracias Cristiano Ronaldo).
This is portuguese from Brazil. Yes, thank you, we are going to Brazil 2014 World Cup. I'm here (Thank you, Cristiano Ronaldo).

Good luck Barbagris

Xavier, how I can make a small donation? Great job!

[OFF TOPIC] Brazilian... and Google translation.

In Spain we are the home of the Spanish. But we are only 45M, and in America are 450M spanish-talking, 120M of those in Mexico.

You, portuguese, are near 11M. But Brazilians are 200M, and 21M in Angola, and...

English, yeah. God save the Queen. David Cameron: prime minister of 60M. Obama, president of 315M. And Australia, and NZ... at the end, all the world!

Oh, la France! 66M. But half of Africa and Canada speak French. In Congo, more than France.

By the way, I'm basque... <<1M :roll:

The world has changed. We are in the 21st century, and the old Europe still thinks in the XVI...

And we are talking about a little japanese machine.[/OFF TOPIC]

I agree, great job. But freezing all the time. And i would love to have a graph of temperature change with time, to help me finding at what temperatures it adds, takes 5% of SoC. Speaking portuguese, spanich, french, english, we all love our i-MiEVs.

Malm said:
Ahora que ya dejaste de ser ciego, ¿me puedes decir si tu coche consigue el 100% SoC después de una carga completa? Mine only goes, usually, to 95,5%.

The answer is yes, it reach 100%

674835bd7377c4cd41209be20a9adf79o.png

Note the RR data ... in km, not mi. :shock:

Yesterday, when the car get home, this was the screen:

69ab33a1b7f3e97ca8057677049ebb99o.png

Temperatures at the end of the charge are between 16ºC and 20ºC, with the sensor 64 at 22 ºC (I need to know this sensor position; near the charger?)

Barbagris said:
I wonder also why I am, by far, the least RR achieved by all users (who have registered their data in the sheet). Reasons probably: very mountainous area and high speed.

And bad weather, and...

There are some screens:

The typical conmute has many variations in height (there is a failure of GPS connection, but is understandble)

519ed3dd1ef3483465ee496fda2d658bo.png

and you have to pedal to the bottom (that's what you need when mix steep grades and speed); see that repeatedly passes 90% and even reaches 100% ... and that, every day, several cycles per day:

2913426f205b5a45f969ad9e4711fb19o.png

and we see peak currents of +150 amps for the 50 Ah cells: more than 3C. It is a very respectable current. Is the maximum power output of the little motor.

Of course, negative currents correspond to energy recovery.

136c36d8841d965aa1abd5617243a2e2o.png

If we look at a summary kilometer / kilometer, we see some that spending a huge amount, other recovery, others fifty/fifty ... is what I said, that I have a very hard conmute

11b9be04389ebfb930178117f615a46eo.png

The instantaneous consumption is very erratic

aa5adf01466a7f0f1eca334e38e7d6c3o.png

definitely would be far better a flat course at constant speed :lol:

I am 100% sure your getting low RR and low total KM from your Imiev's battery because your driving in mountains up, down, up, down and at high speed. It's the worst combination you can have. Just as a comparison my average whr - km is around 100 whr km 66% less than your consumption.

Never mind what the RR gauge tells you. Just look at total km traveled each trip and how many kwh it takes from your battery.

Good news you cells look very well balanced. :D

Kurt

Espectacular. Felicitaciones (congratulations). Excelente trabajo (well done). For what i can see, this is what we should see in a new i-MiEV. I don´t see any degradation in it, any :lol: . Congratulations Barbagris, congratulations Bilbao, congratulations Mitsubishi, congratulations i-MiEV. Nine months of age and it looks perfect :lol:. Impossible with a Leaf (i´m sure), impossible in Saudi Arabia (i think).

About the RR, let me take it for a small ride, and 165 km are assured (even in Bilbao). My best is 175, for now.

I-MiEV 15 - Leaf 0 (that´s the score, in the end of first half) 15 goals of Cristiano Ronaldo :lol: .

Malm said:
I agree, great job. But freezing all the time. And i would love to have a graph of temperature change with time, to help me finding at what temperatures it adds, takes 5% of SoC. ....
Bonjour
I do not have freezing troubles all the time...
In fact, for me, it is quite stable...
I use galaxy note 1, galaxy note 2 and nexus 7 model 2013 (only once at a time ).
can you explain what you are using and when you get freezing ????

About graphs and data mining, you can copy the small sqlite database from your android device to a PC and analyse it using the sqlite firefox extension.

@Barbagris: your printscreens are spectacular...

Xavier

Back