Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen some hangs with canion on my phone also an LG-P705g not a very fast phone but it works.

Sometimes it hangs and stopping and starting the app fixes it. If I get a call on the Bluetooth in the car while running canion it will stop working the fps counter goes to zero. Some time works just fine for an hour or as long as I drive the car.

I have had to reboot the phone a couple of times. It's not super stable on my phone but stable enought to be very useful.

Don.......

It hung again this morning. My frame counter shot up to over 1,000 fps and everything stopped. Closed the app and turned off bluetooth, then went back into the app, and it started working. Maybe the database is getting too big? It seems that the app runs for so long, then stored data gets too big, so it hangs up.

Does anyone know a good place to tap 5 volts for USB power, switched with the key? I currently have my phone plugged into the radio's USB port, but I would really prefer to keep my 12 volt outlet free for my nav (as well as keeping the wiring clean. It's currently tucked underneath the radio and pops out right by the port.) I would like to start listening to my flash drive again. I tried to have the music come from the phone, but Canion can't run while the phone is in mass storage mode (maybe also related to the database, possibly have an option to turn off logging?)

Maybe the database is getting too big?

I agree the app works ok at first but once you have a few hrs of driving logged with it its starts getting real temperamental. I also had to many issues trying to use the app at the same time audio streaming to the car stereo. I have to dedicate the blue tooth to just cannon.

I just use Canion now just check battery the two important things that the imiev dash doesn't display and that's battery balance, individual cell voltage and temp. I just do a once a week health check up on temp,voltage.

All the other info is displayed on the Imievs dash anyhow so I don't need to run Canion running the car all the time. It was nice to know that 2 bars on the gauge is 23% soc and turtle is 10.5% soc but once you know that info I can just use the Imiev dash gauge.

Kurt

PV1 said:
You can pick up a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for $150-$200. Check Wal-Mart or Target.
The best $150 Canion Tablet might be the new Monster M7:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-M...ogle-Mobile-Services/26890126#Product+Reviews

Or maybe the $129, Quad-Core, Sero-7-Pro if your local WalMart still has one:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-S...re-Processor-with-8GB-Memory-M470BSA/25427874

I use the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 4.2.2 for Canion. The tablet seems to hang up a couple times a day. I have never reset or unplugged my OBD adapter. After a fresh tablet restart (reboot) and App launch, Canion is usually stable enough.

Finally received my $109 Hisense Sero 7 Pro (thank you FiddlerJohn). Downloaded Canion and effortlessly mated with the STN1170. First test drive resulted in two freezes within a minute of each other, but after turning off Canion and rebooting the Hisense and replugging the STN1170 everything then worked just fine for the 20-minute drive.

Now to learn yet another OS and clean things up by first getting rid of those pre-loaded shopping apps. I need to understand what does what in order to have a stable operating environment for Canion. Anyone have any suggestions for an Android primer?

I don't think its your tablet that is making canion freez its the app its self its not stable. The nexus 7 I use comes stripped back to the bare essentials so no extra fluff apps. I have even had a go at resetting my tablet to factory specs and only running canion app and it still hangs up especially once it logs a few trips. I really think some change needs to be made to the app to help with stability

Kurt.

I also have it plugged all time. I will remove it if the car is going to be standing still for more then a week, i think it can deplete our 12V battery.

I think the one I have (scantools) has a low power mode that it drops down to when not in use. That said if I was to park the your for a very long time I would remove it to.

Kurt

NeilBlanchard said:
Is there an OBD II to USB cord? That would still have to have a DSP chip in it, but it could be powered up only when the car is.
Yes, I have one. I haven't tried it on the i-MiEV yet, though.

I only used canion 110 two times and both times were over 1hr drives and it didn't drop out at all. So for me its more stable than 109 that I had inconstant but reasonably regular drop outs.

I will see how I go with 110 over the week and report back.

One tip,
I found that just setting the screen on the trip view (first page) while your driving and not trying to move it from that screen while logging/driving made the app much more stable. I would just scroll through the other pages once the car had stopped and disconnected from the OBD Bluetooth adapter. As while I am driving I don't really need the data from the other pages.

I like the improvements to the app keep them cumming :D

Kurt

DonDakin said:
I just tried canion 110 it worked for a few days now just does not run at all.

The app just freezes from the get go. :cry:

Hmmmmm...

Don....

This happen to me sometimes. I just erase files that are stored by canion in the tablet memory and it starts running again. When it happened for the first time i restored the inicial tablet configurations, but now i just erase files associated with canion.

Back