Problem with MCU, DTC P062F

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kiev said:
Did you try the RL78 method?

i think there are several examples of both the VIN and the Part Number sequence with the check sum in this thread on the first page.

Hi,

I spent some time trying various parameters, but was not able to calculate the CRC or find the algorithm. The algorithm can be anything. Also, only a part of the VIN number might be used for the calculation. It doesn't even have to be a CRC algorithm. Can just be addition of all the hex values + something. Who knows.

I think it would be good if we could get at least 4 VIN numbers and corresponding checksums. Right now I only found 2 VINs and 2 part numbers in this thread.

martig said:
kiev said:
Did you try the RL78 method?

i think there are several examples of both the VIN and the Part Number sequence with the check sum in this thread on the first page.

Hi,

I spent some time trying various parameters, but was not able to calculate the CRC or find the algorithm. The algorithm can be anything. Also, only a part of the VIN number might be used for the calculation. It doesn't even have to be a CRC algorithm. Can just be addition of all the hex values + something. Who knows.

I think it would be good if we could get at least 4 VIN numbers and corresponding checksums. Right now I only found 2 VINs and 2 part numbers in this thread.
i have 1 more eeprom dump

Hello.
I have a similar problem. I need to change the MCU. I would like to read the eprom from the old chip and save it in the new one. However, I am not sure which chip is the eeprom. You wrote that it is Chip 24C64.
Where is it located? On the top board ? Can upload a photo ?

If you look at the label on the MCU, there will be a part number and serial number.

9499A620 is a Mitsubishi part number for the MCU, and the C... number is the serial number.

i suspect that those must also match in the eeprom in addition to the VIN; also if these are changed then the checksum will be different also, so if you didn't calculate a new checksum and program it also, then the controller will detect that as an error.
So will I have to also calculate a new checkum in order to match additional things in the eeprom besides the VIN/chassis number when replacing an MCU?

I'm happy to also capture my current MCU log data (or eeprom dumps) for contribution in helping to determine the algo if that is still not figured out yet. If so, how and what do I need to capture the eeprom dumps for you all to compare to others' data?

And lastly, what is the procedure to program the MCU with a different VIN?

Last edited:
Hello.
I have a similar problem. I need to change the MCU. I would like to read the eprom from the old chip and save it in the new one. However, I am not sure which chip is the eeprom. You wrote that it is Chip 24C64.
Where is it located? On the top board ? Can upload a photo ?
Hi. Did you ever figure it out? If so, can you share the steps?

Hi,

Were you able to figure it out eventually?

@coulomb Hello sir. Sorry to ping you for the first time out of the blue in a random thread.

I'm very impressed by your knowledge and what you share with the community here. Thank you for all you do.

Do you happen to know anything further about the MCU units in regards to reprogramming their VIN and other eeprom checksums if required?

(And further on how to repair failed IGBT components? I'm getting a P1A2A and U1111 errors on my recently acquired 2011 JDM i-miev and would love to repair, learn and share what I find in the effort.)

I am about to order a replacement MCU but am not sure if I can program it or have to move some good IGBTs over to my failed MCU. I don't mind doing both to learn and share the experience and results.

Also, do you happen to know if MCU part number 9499A170 compatible with 9499A620? My car has the A620 version in it currently. I was going to order an A170 to check differences and see if I could succeed with a swap to a different model and share the results if that's possible.

I am also happy to share eeprom dumps if that process can be shared as well should it help decode the algo for future users. I just don't yet know how to dump the eeprom, so will need some clear steps.

Thank you.

PS, My main build thread is over here should that be a better place to respond? https://myimiev.com/threads/im-buying-a-non-runner-miev-here-in-japan.5649/page-5

There is also this thread here started by a user with the exact same issue several months ago. I have replied there as well as it's for this specific issue: https://myimiev.com/threads/c-zero-fault-code-p1a2a.5482/post-50378

Last edited:
Oh, wow. The VIN number can be only changed one time?
The ETACS-ECU, which controls the immobiliser, can only be replaced with a brand new one (blank VIN), apparently for security reasons you have only one attempt to program a new VIN.

This limitation doesn’t seem apply to the other ECUs in a triplet (EV-ECU & EMCU)

A common way around this in other cars is to keep the new VIN and change all the others accordingly.

Not sure why that didn’t work on the MCU, (post #23)…

Back