Mitsubishi i-miev error p1a32

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexstaff

Hello. After 5mins of driving the error p1a32 appears, ready mode is not available. After 10 minutes it starts and drives but less time.

Hello and welcome to the forum

This DTC reports an issue with battery (cell) temperature. Usually this is associated with a faulty temp sensor inside the HV battery but in your case it could really be a faulty cell overheating and cooling down again with no load?

Best to stop using the car until you figured out if this is a potential fire hazard or merely a CMU problem.

Start with reading out cell temperatures with your OBD device to identify which cell seems to be causing the problem.

Mickey

Hello. After connection launch i see more problems. No change 12v battery, no balance cells. This is the first trip after repairing the error P1A15.

What was done to repair the P1A15 ?

Does the car now go to READY?

Is the fuse under the access cover on the MCU intact or blown? That fuse supplies the DCDC Converter which charges the 12V battery when in READY mode.

Hello. Almost all components on the ISA 215 board have been replaced with new ones, but it didn't help. After installing a 2Mom resistor, the car started to go into ready mode. The first test drive lasted 10 minutes and everything was fine, but after the second attempt after 5 minutes I got a P1A32 error. The car stopped and would not go into ready mode. After 10 minutes the car went into ready mode and drove another 3 minutes and the error repeated. I left the car overnight in a parking lot, in the morning after driving 10km the display showed a turtle although the indicator still showed four lanes. After connecting the diagnostics I saw the errors of cell imbalance, discharged 12v battery. The fuse is not damaged. Tomorrow I will remove the DCDC board for repair.

The problem is likely that some cell voltages are too low and the Pack was shutdown or disabled from READY.

No need to tear into the DCDC until you have some indication that it is bad, which is a rare thing to happen.

An old, weak or worn out 12V battery will cause a multitude of issues across many subsystems.

More likely is that you have 2 issues: a weak cell in the pack, and a weak 12V battery. Either or both of these can cause the car to shutdown.

ps. the hybrid ISA215 failure is a real mystery to understand. We have tried replacing all the components and still no luck too. Better to either use the 2M resistor trick, or use another device AD202, etc

Take a look at the thread by @iso14000,
https://myimiev.com/threads/isa215-...ror-condenser-charge-timeout.5490/#post-48094

Last edited:
I checked the voltage of the 12v battery in ready mode and when charging the HV battery from a 240v mains supply, the 12v battery only discharged.

The voltage at the 12v terminals was 11.2v and kept dropping.
P.S. There is nothing mysterious about the ISA 215 board, just the usual degradation of ferrite in transformers with decreasing transformer ratio. I've seen this in switching power supplies and in galvanic isolation of welding machines.

Back