Hello from Portland OR

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel_1885

Experienced Electronic tech, first time EV
Hello all,

I've been looking to buy an EV for a while but didnt make economical sense since I'm not very well off, and EV are not particularly cheap.

Then, for once in the world, those logarithms that keep track of your searches and likes paid off. Facebook Marketplace suddenly suggested a 2012 i-Miev, which had a description of "has multiple faults errors and its difficult to clear them".
2 of them are Options this vehicle is not equiped
Another is the P1A15 which is serious, but I know i can deal with it.

Very next day I bought a OBDLink LX, downloaded HobDrive and met them guy cash in hand told him "If I can clear the code and it drives, I'll buy it"

And now I'm the owner. And if it wasnt for this community i would have never had the confidence to buy such vehicle in that condition.

About me:
Studied partial Electrical Engineering, Got degree of "Bachelor in Electronics and Computer Engineering Technologies"
Worked 10 yrs in the electronics manufacturing field for various military and private companies
About 7 years in Technician field, Developing Power supplies and chargers, metrology and Quality Control
Certified Electronic Tech, J-Standard Soldering, APC610-G Soldering Inspector Certified

Attachments

• 1000027300.jpg
    1000027300.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000027303.jpg
    1000027303.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 0
For reference, I work as a tech in the research, development and manufacturing of this charger:

Back