Anti spin trouble

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenriFred

While driving the anti spinn suddenly kicks in on a dry road. It happened when i turned slightely to the left. The antispinn kicked in on the right side.
What could be wrong?

Hi HenriFred, I think you're talking about the Automatic Stability Control. Many of us have experienced this after buying new front tires while there was still wear left on the rear tires. With our staggered fitment, the ratio between front and rear circumferences has to stay within a narrow window. One coping mechanism is to reduce the air pressure in your front tires or increase it in the rear to adjust that ratio.

Hi HenriFred, I think you're talking about the Automatic Stability Control. Many of us have experienced this after buying new front tires while there was still wear left on the rear tires. With our staggered fitment, the ratio between front and rear circumferences has to stay within a narrow window. One coping mechanism is to reduce the air pressure in your front tires or increase it in the rear to adjust that ratio.
Thanks for your reply. I actually bought new tyres but i bought all 4 of them. But I'll check the pressure in th tyres nevertheless

While driving the anti spinn suddenly kicks in on a dry road. It happened when i turned slightely to the left. The antispinn kicked in on the right side.
What could be wrong?
Anti spin (ASC) trouble solved

It was a dirty ABS speed control sensor. 10 minute fix.

Sure gonna check them every year when changing to winter tyres

Good for you for fixing it!
Um, what part of it was dirty? Housing? Contacts? or...?
Exactly how did you clean it?
There was dirt on the actual sensor.
Cleaned the surroundings with compressor air. Took the small bolt of, lifted the sensor out of its little hole. Cleaned it with a cloth. Cleaned out the hole with air and mounted sensor and bolt.
You have to take off the wheel first offcourse☺️

Back