ABS is going haywire after installing new tires

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

behaluka

We had our i Miev in the shop for a service and they installed new front tires. Since then, when I take a corner a bit faster (not even close to sliding) the ABS jumps in and starts breaking and horrible noises. Its quite dangerous because it's startling. The only workaround for now is to turn off traction control.
Shop told us to overinflate the rear tires because apparently there could be a slight mismatch. This hasn't really helped and it sounds like an easy-out for them. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

We had our i Miev in the shop for a service and they installed new front tires. Since then, when I take a corner a bit faster (not even close to sliding) the ABS jumps in and starts breaking and horrible noises. Its quite dangerous because it's startling. The only workaround for now is to turn off traction control.
Shop told us to overinflate the rear tires because apparently there could be a slight mismatch. This hasn't really helped and it sounds like an easy-out for them. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Yes, that’s a know issue with a triplet, the car compares wheel speeds, therefore having uneven tyre wear (or a faulty speed sensor) might cause the problem described

Back