ABS and stability control lights

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telemark

Hi, Long time owner but my first post.
I have a 2011 iMiEV and now the ABS and stability control lights are always on. When you brake one of the relays on the drivers side clicks like mad. So, I'm trying to identify which relay if any of them is at fault. Any one come across this issue and anyone any idea which relay I should pull.
Its an old car and do not want to take it to a garage, hopefully I can fix it myself.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction

Andy

Hi, Long time owner but my first post.
I have a 2011 iMiEV and now the ABS and stability control lights are always on. When you brake one of the relays on the drivers side clicks like mad. So, I'm trying to identify which relay if any of them is at fault. Any one come across this issue and anyone any idea which relay I should pull.
Its an old car and do not want to take it to a garage, hopefully I can fix it myself.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction

Andy
I don’t have that answer but there are several threads about this so do a search

" one of the relays on the drivers side clicks like mad"

Do you mean inside, to the left of the LHD steering wheel ?
Windows, rear fog lamp, heated seat, blower, A/C, rear reversing light, rear defog.

Or under the bonnet ?
Two choices:
Passenger side LHD ?
Brake vacuum pump control 1 and 2, heater pump, battery fan, Main brake vacuum, DRLs.
Possibly one of those, but on the wrong side.

Or centre ?
Cooling fan LO and Hi, water pump, horn, front fogs, on board charger, horn, headlamp HI and LO, EV control.

Age and condition of the 12V battery? An old, weak or worn out battery can cause a multitude of faults in an EV so it is always the first thing to check and eliminate.

Also relays can bounce and flutter if the drive voltage is marginal.

Update to the ABS fault and traction/Stability control problem. In the end the fault was a rear ABS sensor, this was causing the clicking on the drivers side.
In the end, my deductive reasoning with the relay was zero points to me. But once the garage got the fault codes then they fixed it very quick. i just had to open my wallet more than I wanted for a very old car. but hey ho….

Back