Thinking to buy electric car . any advices please ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the same battery. PSA (Citroen & Peugeot) don't have their own packs. They cooperated with Mitsubishi many years before I-miev. Mitsubishi produces models for other brands also. They are only rebadging them for Citroen and Peugeot. You sure know Mitsubishi Outlander and Citroen C-Crosser. Also the same car, just rebranded.

About warranty... I was dissapointed too when I realized Citroen offers only 50k km or 5 years battery warranty. It's hard to undestand why original Mitsubishi warranty was cut down so drasticaly. I still don't know the answer.

More about all that you can find here.

Zelenec : " It's hard to undestand why original Mitsubishi warranty was cut down so drasticaly " .... this and other cheaper materials used to build the car , can allow manufacturer to have a lower price ..... MAYBE this is the reason .

Yes , you are right , PSA has copy/buyed some other car models from mitsubishi , however none of it had the mitsubishi quality .......
I think I'll just wait for a affordable i-miev to show up .

What do you think about peugeot ion ? any hidden tricks there too ?

There were rumors (slovene Ions only!) that stock cars were left fully charged on hot summer weather so the range was questionable. But I have no evidence of it. All three brands are build in the same factory with same materials. Only difference is gear shift and only one trim level (C-Zero, Ion) while I-miev can be ordered with leather upholstery, better audio equipment... in some markets. Slovenia is very small country, so I know almost all of 30 clones owners. There are no othere differences spoted.

It's important to know that I-miev also has only 5 years warranty in EU countries like C-Zero and Ion.

I understand not well informed buyers want to be sure and are prepared to pay a little more to get "original" Mitsubishi. But that's only in their minds. All models share same quality and technology.

so , once again US guys get better warranty conditions then EU :(
I wish EU would make some regulation for customers , not only for manufacturers .... in this conditions ...... i-miev, c-zero , ion are the same ..... still i would like to see mitsubishi sign on stearing wheel instead of peugeot or citroen . Slovenia might be small , but for sure it has more electric vehicles then Romanian citizens . in 03 feb 2015 only 98 electric vehicles and 2.858 hybride vehicles was registered in Romania ....and 2 public charging stations :))
I had a god laugh ... you can to ! however public charging stations must be about 300 until end of 2016 .... not sure they'll manage to build them in time , even if there is some contract with schneider and siemens ....

It's OK, every country has to start building charging infrastructure at some point in time. I see your electricity prices are even lower than ours so your acquaintances will very soon envy your mobility costs and other EV advantages. Even more if you'd buy "almost new" I-miev for less than 8k€.

is the Fiat 500e built in europe ? does it have any issues like 500e sold in USA ?
on paper , 500e looks much better ( performance ) , and as for design ...we cannot dare to compare it with the i-miev,c-zero.ion .... looks 100 times better .
can anyone answer this to me ? would it be a "safe" choice a 500e ?
Thank you

The 500e is more powerful and provides a nicer ride, but has less space and utility, and for me the deal killer is no DC fast charging. If your region has CHAdeMO, that infrastructure turns our local car into a regional car.
Other than their early problem with axles that weren't properly installed, I know of no significant problems with the 500e.

jray3

Thank you for your answer . On some forums I had read alot of customers got battery changed because it failed .
It is so hard to choose a car .......:)

Space is not an important issue for me , I need it to drive it in my city , mostly alone, very rare with someone else inside the car . Still 2 seat car is out of the question :)

Owex- looks like another recall on the Fiat 500e

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1097767_third-recall-for-fiat-500e-5600-electric-cars-to-be-checked-for-software-fault

But just a glitch that causes 5 months worth of production cars to die instead of entering creep mode at very low state of charge. Easily avoidable, but must've been an unpleasant surprise to those who discovered it!

jray3 said:
Owex- looks like another recall on the Fiat 500e

Thanks for the update/info , however I did some readings and it seems european fiat 500e is in fact a normal fiat 500e converted to electric by a swedish company . I cannot find any " bad things" about this car on european forums .....

I-miev or 500e will be my next car ....whichever show up first :)

Thank you

I hadn't heard of that european Fiat conversion company..
http://www.gizmag.com/ev-adapt-beats-fiat-to-electric-500/16998/
Well, EV Adapt fell apart in short order and was purchased by a Swede, who then maintained his web site for about three months...
http://ecarsweden.com/
Sounds like a typical ev conversion startup story...

jray3 said:
I hadn't heard of that european Fiat conversion company.

I also never heard of that company . However it seems they did a better job then the Mexico builders :)

I wrote an email to FIAT Torino , I wonder f anyone will ever respond to that email ..... questions about 500e .....

Back