proud new owner of an 'i'

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A simple throttle is more efficient than a cruise control, and I may put in an aircraft one with its vernier control (I have one in my Gen1 Insight - 77.7mpg lifetime); however, it is more efficient to vary one's response to terrain, traffic, wind, etc.,… most of the usual hypermiling tricks which work well with ICE vehicles apply also to EVs, AND the iMiEV has "B", making it superior to the Leaf in that respect. Perhaps cruise control and hypermiling would be good as separate topics with their own headings?

Regarding PG&E, don't get me started: I've been on E-7 since it first originated, I have a 6.6kW solar array, am very close to being an annual net zero energy producer, but each year PG&E "takes away" my large $$$ surplus when they 'true-up' - AND they have the gall to charge me each month for a meter… :evil: Separate topic?

JoeS said:
A simple throttle is more efficient than a cruise control, and I may put in an aircraft one with its vernier control (I have one in my Gen1 Insight - 77.7mpg lifetime)
:? How's that work Joe? I'd think that the slower hand control of speed could be a safety liability (though the brake overrides throttle input on this car, doesn't it), and wouldn't vernier's purpose be just to make it easier to keep a steady input signal regardless of load, so that like a hypermiler, you'll speed down slopes and crawl up 'em? Seems like a lot of work to substitute for a steady right foot. :p

Just got my iMiev and I'm pumped. I've debated getting an electrical car for years and i finally pulled the trigger. I bought my charger and got even more tax credits from http://www.greenerenergysolutions.net Overall with all the gas savings and tax incentives how can you not buy this car ??? All my friends want to test drive it. They feel like I'm in back to the future or something...

Back