proud new owner of an 'i'

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jjlink=> congrats! you'll be having fun soon! I sure am! I got to meet the other couple that has an all-white 'i' here in Hilo, and it was a lot of fun comparing notes! Aloha, man! PS finally got my picture postings to work, Mahalo!

Yes, we are ready here for them to get here. Maybe the dealership will have them ready by next weekend, or soon after.

The ship is headed for VANCOUVER WA, so I expect some people in Portland will be getting some soon.

Its cool tracking the ship live:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?mmsi=356972000&zoom=10

SEIJIN
Vessel's Details
Flag: Panama
Ship Type: Cargo
Speed/Course: 14.8 kn / 154˚
Length x Breadth: 200 m X 29 m
Draught: 8.3 m
Destination: VANCOUVER WA
ETA: 2012-01-07 16:45 (UTC)
Received (670): 0h 3min ago

Hope the cars are nicer looking than the cargo ship. :D

Thanks for tracking this. Maybe we will see each other at the dealership ....

jjlink said:
The ship has arrived at Port Hueneme, California. Lets hope our cars are on it. :)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?mmsi=356972000&zoom=10

Port history
2012 January 11th, 11:00:50 UTC Hueneme
2012 January 7th, 16:45:20 UTC Vancouver Wa
2012 January 5th, 22:00:44 UTC Us Tiw
2012 January 5th, 22:00:09 UTC Tacoma
2012 January 4th, 22:00:09 UTC New Westminster
2011 December 21st, 05:20:34 UTC Jp Kws
2011 December 19th, 03:00:35 UTC Jp Miz A
2011 December 16th, 12:00:31 UTC Kawasaki Japan
2011 November 30th, 12:00:27 UTC Richmond California
2011 November 27th, 08:00:30 UTC Ca Frr

Hmm, no change in our order status (it still says aboard ship). But there is still another chance for the SF bay area deliveries because the next port is in Richmond CA and it has an auto import facility as well.

http://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=860

Wow, one would have thought that they would have stopped in Richmond on the way South. They basically made a u-turn and came back. Guess patience is good ...

Don't despare! Mitsubishi does not do a very good job of maintaining their website. My guess is that it is probably inacurate. I notified them about a week ago that the specifications were wrong on the website and they still have not changed them. If you notice under braking they say that the regen braking system is an option, not standard equipment. Also all of the stearing and suspension is classified as an option. Dan O

Good news for me. My building permit was signed off by the inspector, and I've applied for the HELCO off peak rates. Even here in Hilo, which probably has the most expensive gas and electric prices in the country, I figure that a 60 mile trip costs me about $13 in my Honda Element, and about $1.80 in the 'i'.

I just received a letter from the state of Hawaii that my cash rebate was approved for: $4500 for the EV itself, and $500 for the charger installation... and the check should be on the way shortly. hooray. :D

Luckily I got the charger installed before the federal tax credits expired on Dec 31st as well.

People are amazed at how much room is in the car, especially when the seats are folded down...it's definitely very functional!

Dan O said:
If you notice under braking they say that the regen braking system is an option, not standard equipment. Also all of the stearing and suspension is classified as an option. Dan O
Don't scare me :shock: I ordered the bottom of the line as I was assured they all had the same regen capabilities and controls. :?:

Don't worry, the Mitsubishi webpage is incorrect. If your dealer gave you a embossed printed brochure on the Mitsubishi "I" and you look in the back folded page, the specifications are correct. It says that all the features of the ES are the same as the SE except for a few premium items. I was only trying to point out that Mitsubishi doesn't do a very good job of maintaining their webpage. Dan O

Yep, regen comes on all of 'em, and you can get get a lot of options on the ES if you want, including DC quickcharge. There's a lot of contradictory info, and my salesman had to make a few calls to get straight.
My ES has the cold-weather package, LED interior lights, etc.. Pretty much EVerything except DC quickcharge and the Navigation screen. And it could be yours.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-iMiEV-ES-Mitsubishi-MiEV-highway-capable-electric-car-less-than-one-month-old-/190628877292?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c625dd3ec

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I picked up my car today in San Jose, Calif. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Silver SE w/premium package. It arrived by ship from Port Hueneme and was trucked to San Jose, CA.

If anyone is interested they have a Un-allocated car at the dealership. Some how they got one extra sent to them.

Does the 'i' have Cruise control?

There goes the power bill, this is the first time charging the 'i'.

New i-MiEV charging by JJLINK, on Flickr

Good news: looks like you're drawing a little over 3kW. Now take the area under the curve, convert it to Wh, divide it into the number of miles driven since your last full charge, and you get Wh/mi (or take the inverse to get miles/kWh). Dollarize it, and you get cents/mile.

Yes, it looks like its pulling about 3,211 after removing the baseline house usage. That picture yesterday was just a short charge to get me through a few more car trips. Its still doing a full charge now, so when its finished we can calculate the cents/mile.

Yes, I vote for a cruise control hack.

I applied for the E-9A rate plan. However the off-peak time of Midnight to 7:00am is rather restrictive. I have to be at work at 6:00 am (must leave by 05:30), that only leaves 5 hours to charge. I can't imagine that 11 pm to 12 pm really has a huge load in California when compared to the earlier hours.

Both the dealer and I tried to import my iPhone (3Gs IOS 5.0.1) contacts to the car with no luck. It says it did it, but it is still empty afterwards. Any Ideas?

Back