My iMiev not working, problem with immobilizer (P0513) or heating(U1110)?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

Hei

After the last ride, about 15 km, the next day after charging, it gives an error message and does not drive.
OBD scanner gives error messages:
P0513 Incorrect Immobilizer Key
U1110 Comp HTR CAN Timeout
Have the forum members come across such things and can give good advice on how to find a solution?
Thanks in advance for the good suggestions and guidelines,
Jan

Uxxx failures are usually caused by a weak or faulty 12V aux battery. Have you tried clearing the DTC, do they come back afterwards? Do you have a spare key to try?

I have tried erasing the errors and they keep coming back. The question is, can a weak 12V battery cause the immobilizer to fail? Does the immobilizer have to be coded again if a new battery is installed?
I only have 1 key

I have tried erasing the errors and they keep coming back. The question is, can a weak 12V battery cause the immobilizer to fail? Does the immobilizer have to be coded again if a new battery is installed?
I only have 1 key
No, the key normally doesn’t need to be coded if you just replace the battery. A weak, worn 12V battery can cause all sort of strange problems. I would try and get a second key coded, handy to have anyway, if that works, the issue is your original key

The first step in the P0513 troubleshooting is to check the CAN Buss for errors, which you indeed have with the U-code. Check and inspect wiring and connectors, charge or replace the 12V battery if it is weak, old or worn out as that is THE leading cause of CAN errors.

Back