iMiEV as workhorse

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have to remove the entire seat, or can you get away with removing the headrest and reclining the seat all the way back? One of the (few) cool things about my PT Cruiser was its ability to fold the passenger's seat completely forward flat. Carrying long items was a breeze.

JoeS said:
benswing, great photo :!:
I added a small stainless eye on the inboard sloping edge of the hatch (so as not to ding one on the head) in order to attach a rope or bungie to hold the hatch down when it's partially open. Hey - we don't have exhaust fumes being sucked back into the cabin :mrgreen:

MitsiHatchEye.jpg

Plan sheet metal screws or something different? Had to get creative in a tie down the other weekend when I had half of a 80 inch door hanging out the back of it. Desperatly need to find a roof rack to add on, I need some drywall soon lol

RamblinBrad said:
Desperatly need to find a roof rack to add on, I need some drywall soon lol
Be sure any roofrack you install is demountable with minimally-protruding hardware as you don't want to disturb the iMiEV's aerodynamics. Since there isn't much structure up there, I wouldn't do it. Drywall is awfully heavy and even placing it on a mattress on the roof (distributed load) would be iffy IMO.

JoeS said:
RamblinBrad said:
Desperatly need to find a roof rack to add on, I need some drywall soon lol
Be sure any roofrack you install is demountable with minimally-protruding hardware as you don't want to disturb the iMiEV's aerodynamics. Since there isn't much structure up there, I wouldn't do it. Drywall is awfully heavy and even placing it on a mattress on the roof (distributed load) would be iffy IMO.

Looking for one that I can remove. Not really worried about aerodynamics, have only gotten it above 50 a few times. Everything is in town driving. Mostly just looking for when I need the one or two extra things that I didn't get when I picked up the initial load with the truck. I've already hauled have a forest of lumber and a few hundred pounds of cement mix home in it.

sandange said:
Making the Miev earn its keep

After we were hit with a heavy storm, we were glad we had invested in a new generator.
For 3 days, all you could hear through the hills was the sound of chain saws and generators.

We started to clean up

That's great! The i-MiEV working for its keep. I bet that torque comes in handy, nice and smooth.

Installed my tie down addition a few weeks ago. Really helps when I need to tie the hatch shut since like earlier tonight when I had half of a 80 inch door hanging out the back. Used a copper pipe strap with 2 sheet metal screws, drill your pilot holes first btw. Cost for the hack was about $0.50
photo-2.jpg

Plants, those are the things underneath all the snow right? Almost forgot what they looked like. Side note, the MiEV has been killer in this snow this year and have yet to get stuck though other cars have. In fact our Altima got stuck outsideof our driveway and I was fine. Heating...well that's a different story.

Back