Car won't start after storage

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was the experience with the dealership?
Was everything straight-forward with the battery replaced under warranty the way it is supposed to?

I always like hearing the ends of these types of stories. One common misconception about EVs is that the batteries are expensive and have to be replaced often at the owner's expense. I like to tell people that the battery packs are just like an engine or transmission - they are designed for the life of the car, but yes, occasionally there are lemons, which are replaced under warranty.

No issues at all with the dealer. After they had it for a few days they called and said it needed a new battery and will take a week or two to get the parts. It took about a week and a half and it was done. I never had to answer any questions about driving habits or anything like that. They also did a recall that was on the car.

They must not have had to do one before, as the service adviser was pretty chatty about the process and how he had to relay serial numbers of the battery to Japan and such.

It was Concord Mitsubishi if anyone is curious. Happened to be the closest one to my house, but I would have no problem taking my car there again.

Back