Audio Aux Cable Installed and Working!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PV1 said:
9658902825_81ef372e4d.jpg
I figured out my sound problem. The top left pin is right channel, next to it is left channel, bottom right is ground, and bottom left (where the red wire is above) is a mono input. So, if you have muffled sound on the right side, move the connection from the bottom left pin to the second pin on top. Mine sounds so much better now, especially with my newly installed rear speakers.

PV1 said:
I figured out my sound problem. The top left pin is right channel, next to it is left channel, bottom right is ground, and bottom left (where the red wire is above) is a mono input. So, if you have muffled sound on the right side, move the connection from the bottom left pin to the second pin on top. Mine sounds so much better now, especially with my newly installed rear speakers.
Nice find PV1! I will try this next week and see if I can update my photo and instructions. I'm glad somebody has a good ear! :oops: -John

Thanks for this thread. It's so great to find it years later.

I made this modification today, on my 2012 I-Miev. The correct pins are Upper left corner first two pins L and R channels, lower right, ground.

Step 1: remove radio, but no need to unplug as per http://www.scosche.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1834/mi3020b_instructions.pdf
Step 2: Solder DuPont female jumper wires to L, R and GND of an old headphone cable.
Step 3: Plug L and R into upper left first and second pin, and ground to the lower right
Step 4: Power up car, turn on radio and press and hold the CD button to get to AUX Mode
Step 5: Plug in smart phone and play Left-Right speaker test from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvJoYnpeRQ&t=10s, swap L R if backwards
Step 6: Feed cable to bottom of dash as desired. I used the pop-out tab to the right of the gas pedal, and tied a knot in the wire as a strain relief. No modification necessary.
Step 7: Reinstall stereo to car.

IMG_20170902_151144.jpg

IMG_20170902_153925.jpg

IMG_20170902_153933.jpg

IMG_20170902_161039.jpg

Back