What to do with our 2011 iMiev?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hunter

My partner and I bought an iMiev (ex demo) from a Mitsubishi dealer (Chandlers - Grantham) on the 12th November 2012.
It was the car that Mitsubishi used in their brochure for the iMiev. The car was first registered on the 3rd June 2011.
The mileage now is 78860.
In winter 2024 the GOM when full says around 40-45 miles, In Summer maybe 60.
We now run a i3 rex, and don't know what to do with the iMiev, which is sitting (dryly) in our garage.
The MOT ran out on the 24th April 2024, and the car is 'sorned'.
It has always been reliable, never been in an accident, has minor scratched and wear and tear, nearly new tyres.
We would like to pass it on to a person who will love it and look after it.
Any ideas?
We live near Tunbridge Wells.

Attachments

• iMiev2024.jpg
    iMiev2024.jpg
    62.2 KB
My partner and I bought an iMiev (ex demo) from a Mitsubishi dealer (Chandlers - Grantham) on the 12th November 2012.
It was the car that Mitsubishi used in their brochure for the iMiev. The car was first registered on the 3rd June 2011.
The mileage now is 78860.
In winter 2024 the GOM when full says around 40-45 miles, In Summer maybe 60.
We now run a i3 rex, and don't know what to do with the iMiev, which is sitting (dryly) in our garage.
The MOT ran out on the 24th April 2024, and the car is 'sorned'.
It has always been reliable, never been in an accident, has minor scratched and wear and tear, nearly new tyres.
We would like to pass it on to a person who will love it and look after it.
Any ideas?
We live near Tunbridge Wells.
eBay it! I've been following used i-MiEV/iOn/C-0 prices for years (I first bought one 10 years ago and run 2 with another 3 here on the island including my original now with a different owner) and it still staggers me how well they have held their value (since they dropped below 10k at least). Even a year ago they were still going for £4-5k but now - post-EV price-war - a more realistic £2-3k, even for relatively high milage ones like yours.

Back