Oops, I did it again....

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

Supporting Member
Well, here's the seventh i-MiEV that's come our way.... This one owner unicorn 2012 ES with DCFC and the cold weather package was babied by the sweetest 85 y/o lady and garaged since new, plus got the rare Mitsu-certified airbag compatible leather seat covers in dove grey front and rear, while retaining the driver's seat heater (and mint stock upholstery below). HowEVer, it has been through a stretch of bad luck. It stopped charging fully and got a warranty-replaced pack after only 14 months and 8546 miles of service, and then it got a second pack at 59368 miles, 7 1/2 years after the first replacement! So now the car is at 68k miles and when started for my test drive, the guessometer displayed 84 miles! I then drag-raced it home, with SOC tracking perfectly as expected. All recalls had been performed, the body is pristine, as is the interior. My wife gets the upgrade, MR BEAN will continue as our workhorse, and the BlackAdder is now for sale at a very reasonable, negotiable price to a well-informed buyer. It would make a great island car or small-town commuter.

Attachments

• 1723658975284.jpeg
    1723658975284.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm naming the car "Annie" after the late owner. She was a Hollywood actress and the last living leading cast member of "White Christmas", where she played the granddaughter of Bing Crosby. After a TV career on Father Knows Best, Perry Mason, and The Six Million Dollar Man, she went back to college, administered water quality programs at WA Dept of Ecology, and then ran a Bed and Breakfast in her local waterfront cottage. Oh and yes, she was also a local environmental activist till age 85. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/seattle-wa/anne-phillips-11677634

I'm naming the car "Annie" after the late owner. She was a Hollywood actress and the last living leading cast member of "White Christmas", where she played the granddaughter of Bing Crosby. After a TV career on Father Knows Best, Perry Mason, and The Six Million Dollar Man, she went back to college, administered water quality programs at WA Dept of Ecology, and then ran a Bed and Breakfast in her local waterfront cottage. Oh and yes, she was also a local environmental activist till age 85. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/seattle-wa/anne-phillips-11677634
Wonderful story. Wonderful life. Thanks for sharing! :)

Back