OBC Trouble

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tor Reidar Kjosar

I have 2011 model, and suddenly got a lot of lights in the dash and some error codes.
First I recharged and finally bought a new 12V Battery. I had trouble deleting the codes, but the car was starting and running but not charging in any way.
The codes was:
Codes.jpeg
After some resource and faultfinding, I found that the 20A fuse in the MCU was broken.
Fuse.jpg
Replaced that, but it blow at once. Continued the faultfinding and found that a capacitor 2.2uF in the OBC was blown. I will try to replace that also😊
Capasitor.jpg
I also sourced for more faults (no picture) but in the HMI filter doghouse outside the OBC, I found another broken Fuse (F101?). I cannot find this fuse on any schematics on the web…
My question and asking for help is;
• Do anyone have schematics for “everything”?
• Is there any way to know or find other faults connected to this situation?
• Any other advise 😊
Thanks for all help I can get

My question and asking for help is;
• Do anyone have schematics for “everything”?
• Is there any way to know or find other faults connected to this situation?
• Any other advise 😊
Thanks for all help I can get
Hello and welcome to the forum

There is a dedicated thread for the Troubleshooting and Repair of the OBC, with an index and links to all the internal circuits:

https://myimiev.com/threads/the-tro...r-on-board-charger-obc-thread.4079/post-49885

You have faults on both the AC Input and the HV DC Output sections.

Check the little blue snubber capacitors sticking up out of the soft black coating inside the fenced area. They are also likely blown or damaged since the fuse in the MCU was blown.

Back