No charging

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robez

Hi,
I have C-zero 2012.12.
few weeks ago when I try charging by granny:
- like before was clicks and the fan start blowing
- red plugged symbol on the dash lightning
-after less 1 min yellow triangle came up and red plug flashing and it stops charging.

The fuelbar show 1 strip.
The car is can ready and run, nothing else, ewerything working.
I ran diag and find this
1718652996204.png

I deleted them but they come back again.

I try charging again and again, slowly it goes up 4 strip.

the aux battery is 14,2V.
Can you help me identify the problem.
The charger is working perfect another car.

Thank you

Are there any flashing LEDs or other error indicators on the EVSE unit when the handle is plugged into the charging port? Do you hear a relay click in the EVSE unit?

The "U1nnn" trouble codes are related to errors in the CAN Buss communications network. Many times these are caused by a weak 12V power supply.

Check for rodent damage to the wiring harnesses (under the rear seat), also look for corrosion of contacts inside connectors, and make sure that the 12V battery is good and strong.

Hopefully you can read some DTCs related to an OBC error if that is at fault in order to do troubleshooting.

Are there any flashing LEDs or other error indicators on the EVSE unit when the handle is plugged into the charging port? Do you hear a relay click in the EVSE unit?

The "U1nnn" trouble codes are related to errors in the CAN Buss communications network. Many times these are caused by a weak 12V power supply.

Check for rodent damage to the wiring harnesses (under the rear seat), also look for corrosion of contacts inside connectors, and make sure that the 12V battery is good and strong.

Hopefully you can read some DTCs related to an OBC error if that is at fault in order to do troubleshooting.
Thank you Kenny the fast response and advices.

Yes the relay(s) in back and a fan made a sounds.
Front under the hood i dont know yet. Checked the plugs and wires under the seat looks like ok. I dont really understand how did charge for 4 strip if the obc is fault or why didnt charge more.
Back in when I get more infó
Rob

Okay so it did charge for some time but only raised the "fuel" gauge up to the 4th bar or tick mark?

This sounds like the main HV traction battery has some old, weak or worn out cells. This would limit the available energy storage and usage of the battery pack to just the capacity level of the weakest cell.

The weak cell is fully charged quicker and sooner than a normal cell and this causes the charging to be terminated to prevent over-charging.

To see this you would need a scan tool or OBDII dongle and one of the apps that can read the cell voltages.

Last edited:
P1A12 is OBC abnormal stop according to manual.

Maybe your On Board Charger has blown a fuse or a capacitor.

Okay so it did charge for some time but only raised the "fuel" gauge up to the 4th bar or tick mark?

This sounds like the main HV traction battery has some old, weak or worn out cells. This would limit the available energy storage and usage of the battery pack to just the capacity level of the weakest cell.

The weak cell is fully charged quicker and sooner than a normal cell and this causes the charging to be terminated to prevent over-charging.

To see this you would need a scan tool or OBDII dongle and one of the apps that can read the cell voltages.
I think Usualy stop charging few sec with exclamation mark but i lett on a wire and I see the gauge is 2 3 or 4 strip once in half and once full. The 2 cells voltage is lower like others i will take a diag and screenshot.

Back