New owner in New Jersey.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genec

Just bought a 2012 white i-miev with 27k miles for $7.5k. It's in nearly perfect condition. I love this car so far. It drive differently than an ICE car, I would say it drives 'clean', by that I mean it feels more pure, like there is not the wasted energy of an ICE car with all the cams, gears, hydrolics, pistons, etc. I love the simplicity of an electric car, I feel more confident in it, as if there is much less to worry about going wrong.

The coolest part for me is that i plug it into my house current which is created by my SolarCity panels, which the company installed for free and I save about $20/month on my electric bills.

I'm telling everyone that I'm "Driving on Sunshine".

genec said:
The coolest part for me is that i plug it into my house current which is created by my SolarCity panels, which the company installed for free and I save about $20/month on my electric bills.

I'm telling everyone that I'm "Driving on Sunshine".

Congratulations, arguably the best used car you could ever get for that price. Having your own solar power production to power it is the best of both worlds. Plus according the the EPA with gasoline at $2.45 per gallon and electricity at $0.12 per Kwh you will save $8,700.00 over driving the average gasoline used car over the next 60,000 miles!

I did have one smart mouth tell me that he drove on sunshine too (big gas hog SUV). Technically he is right all fossil fuels are ancient sunshine. So now I tell them I'm driving on (insert previous day of the weeks name) sunshine instead.

Aerowhatt

genec, congratulations on your 'new' purchase! You'll get so used to driving your i-MiEV that you'll find ICE, and especially going to gas stations, a painful experience. You're joining many of us with solar installations, although I believe most of us have actually purchased them and then rationalized using the EV to further accelerate their amortization. :roll: For example, my 6.6kW PV solar array was fully amortized by December 2013 and my annual electricity-use bill has been zero in my all-electric house now for nine years. The fuel for my cars is indeed 'free'.

Back