New owner (France, Alps)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoironIon

Hello everyone!

Just bought a 2012 Peugeot Ion, that was sold as broken.

I got it for a cheap price (a thousand EUR).

I was not particularly afraid of this gamble. I spent time reading on this site major issues with it.

It turned out that auxiliary battery was dead (it was the original one). Voltage was weak and car blinked every error lights.

I changed the battery, clear error codes (using the Peugeot Diagbox) and I drove 90km!

My car is from 2012, but I think it is more from late 2011. I still have 88 cells inside.
Remaining capacity is 32Ah, which is close to scientist prediction about battery life. They estimated that after 10 years, battery capacity will be 66%.

I have already changed front lights for LEDs. Better vision on night, less consumption.
I also did change DRL (Daytime running Lights) for LED. Instead of 1,15A, it is now 0.25A :)

Genuine 220v charger was too big and blind for me. I bought a Chinese model (80 Eur) which is lighter (better in the truck, the heavy one stays at home) and gives me status (Kw, Amps...).

I also recover B and C speed (hidden on Peugeot/Citroën) and can enjoy full regen on Alps roads.

Next project are :
* monitoring real consumption per profile (city, country, highway) using an Arduino, SD card and CAN adapter.
* creating an other remote to pre-heat, pre-cool the car while charging.
* change battery to newer one
* and much more !

Thanks all for your times and to share your knowledge, it is very very useful!

Martin

VoironIon said:
Next project are :
* creating an other remote to pre-heat, pre-cool the car while charging.
* change battery to newer one

Martin

Welcome to the forum Martin,

Always great to see someone save a triplet from certain death.

Members here will be very interested in your progress on the above projects, please keep us posted.

Mickey

Back