Hello from Washington!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beth

I’m a happy 12-year owner of a 2012 MiEV. My basic ‘roadmap’ for use has stayed pretty consistent over these years and in the beginning I could count on getting predicted mileage in the mid-80’s. Now I am consistently down in the low 60’s, but I’m fine with that. Any chance that some day I could add to or replace the battery pack for some with longer range?

Hi Beth, glad to see another WA MiEVer. I’m near Puyallup, have two cars in daily use plus one modified for off-road and a couple more for parts. I’ve swapped batteries and intend to rebuild packs for higher capacity, just haven’t needed the extra range yet to keep the cars useful. I’m President of Seattle EV Association and would love to see you at a meeting sometime soon.

Hi Beth, glad to see another WA MiEVer. I’m near Puyallup, have two cars in daily use plus one modified for off-road and a couple more for parts. I’ve swapped batteries and intend to rebuild packs for higher capacity, just haven’t needed the extra range yet to keep the cars useful. I’m President of Seattle EV Association and would love to see you at a meeting sometime soon.
Hi JRay, I have never taken my MiEV further than the KarMart in Burlington, ( which is where I got it). I did purchase the 440 charge connector so theoretically could drive to a Seattle EV meet up with charge stops, but have no experience with it and feel quite nervous about doing that. But, I could come in a different car, of course.
Do you know if there is an EV group further north any more? I used to belong to one here in Bellingham but I think it is defunct.

Thank you Beth,
I think that the San Juan EVA has gone dormant, but the listed contact, Ryan P. is still active an available at the listed address. I also think that the North Sound EAA is completely defunct, but would love to stand corrected!
It would be worth trying a CHAdeMO session at the Burlington outlet mall. If your car pulls 50 kW, the battery is still very healthy. Degraded batteries quickly drop to only about 16 kW for any length of time. https://www.plugshare.com/location/2694

Back