Thoughts on Prices for 2016, New 2014, used 2012 (or 2014)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's been my experience as well. My wife and I got a plug-in Prius last year when Toyota was offering $6500 dealer cash and 0% financing for $8200 below MSRP+destination, so even after passing on all of the dealer cash to us the car was still $1700 below MSRP+destination.

I've had a dealer make an offer of $22500 OTD on an i, so I'm going to head by and see if they'll drop it a little more than that and pass on the cash. Putting it another way, they have to sell, but you don't have to buy (unless you're SOL). You have the upper hand and time is on your side.

Exactly,
I emailed all the Used 2012 from NH, PA, NY, NJ, VA and Conn.

Then I told them all that with the 2016 coming I may just wait.

We will see what happens come Spring and they want to dump them off.

Cheapest was $10,999.

We Shall see what happens

I'm surprised 10,999 is the cheapest you found. I see some in Myerstown, PA for 10,500 and one in Lebanon, PA for 10,395, this one is actually an SE, though it has more miles (12.9k).

I'm still hoping prices on the 2014 will drop.

And, I'm still interested in what the 2016 might bring - seems like we don't have any details on it yet (like changes + shipping dates?).

True, but few below 10k

I Highly doubt that the dealers bought (at an auction) an EV that they didn't think they would get DOUBLE what they paid for it.

tigger19687 said:
Anyone that is looking to buy NEW get a great price on the 2014 ??
I've asked a dealer up in Altoona, PA who has a 2014 if the prices are softening at all - and I'm getting no interest. I think they're so rare (even more than the 2012s), that they'd just assume sit on them for a while hoping for someone to find out about them (or gas prices to go up) than reduce the price. But, I guess once 2016s start showing up, that might change the equation a bit.

Went to Walpole Ma yesterday and test drove the 2014 i he had. Lowest he would go was $19k. That is even after he knew that there were dealers in the midwest that were going to sell for $18k AND ship it to me for less then his price.

I am not thrilled with the steering being so tight when you go faster. But then again I amused to a Lose 06 Ford pick up :)

Now that the Mass Mor-EV still has a lot of money in it, I will wait a little longer to see what happens with price.

Aerowhatt said:
When we looked at the leaf last year they immediately tried to steer us into a gasser off the lot. Is there another explanation for this sales resistance? what am I missing if it isn't lower margins?
Probably because they know if they sell you a gasser, they at least have a chance to see you later on in their service department, whereas if you buy an EV, they'll probably never see you again

Don

tigger19687 said:
I emailed all the Used 2012 from NH, PA, NY, NJ, VA and Conn.

Cheapest was $10,999.
There are bargains out there to be had - We bought an SE Premium last month in Indiana with 3,950 miles on it for $8,700 - The dealer bought it at auction for $7,300 largely because no one knew exactly what it was, so few dealers bid on it. He did say that they must have done their homework later on though, because he has now seen several lesser cars (ES's and cars with much higher miles) which are now selling for more than the $7,300 he paid for our car

Don

How does this sound?

A New 2014 for $16,500 + $1,000 to ship it across the country = $17,500 minus the tax credit $7,500 = $10,000.00 plus tax, title and license.
about sign the papers and looking for feedback/encouragement/discouragement?

Aerowhatt

Sounds like a good deal to me, even without the FTC (Federal Tax Credit).

Unless you want nav+backup cam, there isn't much incentive to wait for a 2016 to show up.

Which color are you choosing?

Aerowhatt said:
How does this sound?
A New 2014 for $16,500 + $1,000 to ship it across the country = $17,500 minus the tax credit $7,500 = $10,000.00 plus tax, title and license.
about sign the papers and looking for feedback/encouragement/discouragement?
Encouragement :!: Three years ago some of us paid >3x for the same thing without CHAdeMO.

Aerowhatt said:
PV1 said:
Which color are you choosing?

I liked both the white and silver. But silver wears dirt better so I'm going with it.

Aerowhatt

When are you going to go see what they say about your proposal ?
I am VERY curious as to what they say !!!

tigger19687 said:

It's a done deal, all I have to do is sign the contract that arrived today and enclose the big check. Then wait for them to get it on a truck for the long haul from east to west. Ironic that it came to port in the northwest and was shipped east only to be shipped back to the southwest. They had two more when I committed to this one over the phone (last Friday). They were priced similarly. Perhaps they still have them? I choose the one that I did because it's VIN indicated it was produced ~2000 cars later than the others.

http://www.whitebearautos.com

Aerowhatt

Wow, so the price of the car you got was listed at the $15,495 price. Was there any other fees or add on amounts to that number ?
I think I may get from them ! Looks like they are VERY motivated to get these out the door -- INCLUDING the new 2016's !!
pm me please ..

Aerowhatt said:
tigger19687 said:

It's a done deal, all I have to do is sign the contract that arrived today and enclose the big check. Then wait for them to get it on a truck for the long haul from east to west. Ironic that it came to port in the northwest and was shipped east only to be shipped back to the southwest. They had two more when I committed to this one over the phone (last Friday). They were priced similarly. Perhaps they still have them? I choose the one that I did because it's VIN indicated it was produced ~2000 cars later than the others.

http://www.whitebearautos.com

Aerowhatt

ALRIGHT, WHO bought the other 3 2014's at White Bear !!

The Silver one was going to be mine :( but now it is gone

I drove a new 2016 (blue) on Tuesday at Younker Mitsu in Kent, WA. It does not appear on their website, nor does practically any mention of the i-MiEV! http://www.younkermitsubishi.com/
They've got it stickered at $23980, which is $22,995 MSRP plus $850 Destination and $135 Optional Equip.
It's their only one and no plans for more- only special order.

I drove in order to try and convince the mechanic in the passenger seat that my own car has vibration coming from the CV joints. He refused to test my car at greater than 36 psi in the tires, when the vibrations are of course more intense, so I just got the complaint documented again and wasted another couple of hours.

Back