Recent repairs. ...

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpod

Firstly, my wife got a little close to a bus a few weeks ago and the passenger side mirror got ripped off. Mirror from the dealer was $425. Labor was $75. I had no luck finding a new mirror online. Didn't want to waste time looking at junk yards. C'est la vie.

Secondly, in an unrelated situation, I noticed my left front tire was losing air, so I got down to look at it and found a bald spot down to the cords on the inside edge of the tread. .. but not all the way around the tire, just in one spot. I took it to my local garage. Turns out, I had a moderately bent rim which distorted the tire enough to make it wear unevenly. No front end parts were damaged, and I never got a flat tire. We had a very bad winter last year, and in spite of my best efforts, I hit a number of potholes. I even got out of the car a couple of times expecting to see damage, but was amazed that I just drove away. I have about 18k miles on the car, the other front tire is still in very good shape, but I opted to change both and will keep the old one as a spare. It took my local garage 3 days to get the Dunlop tires. Tires $160 each plus install. Could have been worse. ...

Good reminder that an unevenly worn tire usually isn't the tire's fault. Were you able to straighten the rim, or in need of another? I have spares.

Just this morning I found a cut on the outside shoulder of a rear tire that goes all the way down into the cords- through a tread block, no less. It looks fresh, but I can't recall hitting anything that would've done that. Must've been those 5 days in the airport valet parking service..... :roll: at least this tire was fairly worn down already.

We were able to straighten the rim...it wasn't that bad, but thanks for the offer.

Fjpod, what is the extent of the damage to the mirror? Is the pedestal still there? What color is your car?

I found a passenger side Mirage mirror (except for the mount to the door, this mirror is identical to the i-MiEV) on eBay for $239.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-MIRAGE-2014-RIGHT-SIDE-MIRROR-ASSEMBLY-6513500-/311428842395?hash=item48829b039b&vxp=mtr

PV1 said:
Fjpod, what is the extent of the damage to the mirror? Is the pedestal still there? What color is your car?

I found a passenger side Mirage mirror (except for the mount to the door, this mirror is identical to the i-MiEV) on eBay for $239.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-MIRAGE-2014-RIGHT-SIDE-MIRROR-ASSEMBLY-6513500-/311428842395?hash=item48829b039b&vxp=mtr
Well, the work is done already...and my color is Raspberry.

Also while the mirror looks the same, the mount looks different.

I took back my old one from the dealer. the glass and the motor are still good. The colored shell was crushed and the mount was rendered unuseable.

There was a Plasma Purple one on there, but if the original mount's no good, then this wouldn't work. If it was just the housing, then three screws and running a wire.

There was another post on here pointing out the parts share between the Lancer, Mirage, and i-MiEV. While all three mounts are different, the mirror housing is identical, except for the fact that a turn signal is built-in on some Lancer and Mirage mirrors (which I'm currently searching for to add to the i-MiEV). Other parts share (for future reference) include power window/locks controls, power mirror adjustments, and the steering wheel (Lancer).

Back