Peugeot Ion not charging

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphynx0

Hi.
I have a Peugeot Ion from 2011 and unfortunately it stopped charging.
I plugin the evse to the car and the "fault light" comes on.
The car does not start the fans and I have no warning light on the dashboard. The car runs ok with no problem.
I went to a CHAdeMO fast charge station and it chargers normally, fans start and a/c work.
12v battery is 1 year old and with car "running" marks 14.2V .
After reading some posts and watching the video from ed5000, I think that there must be something blown on the MCU or OBC ..

3XkkYAU.jpg

H7CXbaZ.jpg

I think it's not an evse problem, I will try to see if someone can lend me one to test..

I anyone has any thoughts or ideas i'm very much appreciated.

Best regards

Howdy sphynx,
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but welcome to the forum.

The good news is that the fuse in the MCU appears to be intact, since the DCDC converter in the bottom plenum of the OBC is working and gets its HV power thru that fuse. That would imply to me that the snubber capacitors on the power board of the OBC have not blown.

With the Fault led on the EVSE showing--it may be that the issue is in the EVSE and not the OBC.

The fans will come ON and the relays clack when the EVSE handle is engaged into the charge port if the EVSE is making proper communication with the OBC and EV-ECU. So your interruption occurs before actual charging has started.

Swap out EVSE with someone, or try charging at a Level 2 station, to see if the fault follows the car or the EVSE. Level 3 Chademo charging does not use or involve the OBC.

kiev said:
Howdy sphynx,
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but welcome to the forum.

(.....)

charging does not use or involve the OBC.

Thanks for the reply.

I will try a level 2 charge and see if some one can lend me an evse..
After reading several posts it seems that the problem in my car is a little different from the others ( no warning lights on dashboard, 12v battery is charging.. ), I thought that it could be one of the fuses that could have blown ..
But nothing as going eliminating options.

Thanks once again.

It could be a blown fuse just not the big fuse in the MCU.
For example there is a tiny surface mount fuse on the control board of the OBC. There is probably a fuse inside the EVSE. There are fuses related to the EV-ECU and OBC as well as relays up front under the hood. Your symptoms are different than most, so a quick pull and check of all the fuses is a good first step. Does the EVSE blink out any pattern of the Fault led?

kiev said:
It could be a blown fuse just not the big fuse in the MCU.
For example there is a tiny surface mount fuse on the control board of the OBC. There is probably a fuse inside the EVSE. There are fuses related to the EV-ECU and OBC as well as relays up front under the hood. Your symptoms are different than most, so a quick pull and check of all the fuses is a good first step. Does the EVSE blink out any pattern of the Fault led?

Thanks.
Ok I see that there a couple of fuses.. :|
No blink, the EVSE only turns on the Fault Led when I plug it to the car. EVSE makes 2 "clicks" (relays) and turns the red led on. Even if I unplug the handle from the car the Fault led remains "On". I have to unplug the EVSE from the "power outlet", plug back to "power outlet" and then it displays only the "Ready" light.

There is a troubleshooting guide in the FSM for the EVSE Red led fault, #7 on the list. The steps involve replacing the EVSE or charging cable, but there was no indication about the reason for the fault.
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2012/54/html/M154955350001300ENG.HTM

But a TSB was issued that deleted that item. http://mmc-manuals.ru/msb/BASE/003/2013/MSB-13EXML54-003/E/MSB-13EXML54-003.pdf

Still no real answer about what might cause this fault. But it is likely in the EVSE.

kiev said:
There is a troubleshooting guide in the FSM for the EVSE Red led fault, #7 on the list. The steps involve replacing the EVSE or charging cable, but there was no indication about the reason for the fault.
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2012/54/html/M154955350001300ENG.HTM

But a TSB was issued that deleted that item. http://mmc-manuals.ru/msb/BASE/003/2013/MSB-13EXML54-003/E/MSB-13EXML54-003.pdf

Still no real answer about what might cause this fault. But it is likely in the EVSE.

Thank you very much !
Hope its "just" that :)

Back