Our iMiEV Nicknames and What Has the iMiEV Been Called

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally the question gets asked thus: do you want the MEEV tomorrow?

Purple Jellybean (see above) has come up...

And, being in wine country, I have called it "Malbec."

D

My wife named our i-MiEV "Beepy". I think she was making reference to the Beatles song "Drive My Car"

"Beep beep'm beep beep yeah"

My friends wife nicknamed her I-MiEV "I-Carley" after the Disney TV kids show.

We named our i-MiEV "Zena" (not Xena, btw). But I have a better name. "UltraMan" Why? Because I read in a review that the windshield wipers of the North American i-MiEV looks like UltraMan's arms in attack mode! :lol:

I tend to call mine The Weeble since I read about a fireman referring to it that way in an article.

Turns out they were given one by Mitsubishi to practice rescue/recovery and to learn how to recognize where the high-power lines were (yikes) when approaching the car from different angles. Car rolled on its roof, look at things from the underside, fine. Next step was to roll it down to one side, but when they did it wouldn't stop there because of the 700+ lbs. of batteries bolted to the bottom - it just slammed all the way into full upright position before they could catch it. Nobody hurt, but the fireman in the article said he'd never seen anything like it, the car had an overwhelming tendency to right itself, like a toy Weeble figure.

And heck, for a car, it does look like a Weeble! :lol:

Weeble article: http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternative-fuel/electric/for-first-responders-evs-present-new-hazards-14757450

jennrod12 said:
We mostly call ours "The Little Car", or "The EV". Real imaginative, ha ha. :roll:

Jenn

My wife named ours "Evie" ..... pronounced, of course, "E - Vee".
Only barely more imaginative tan "The EV" :roll:
But said with real affection and definitally thought of as feminine.

Alex

siai47 said:
My friends wife nicknamed her I-MiEV "I-Carley" after the Disney TV kids show.

Nickelodeon... not to be nit picky! I'm considering nicknaming ours Meap! after the cute little big-eyed space alien character from Disney's Phineas & Ferb.

My wife drops the daughter off at high school (charter school) all last week. One senior keeps saying this every day “Look, the Smart Car Minivan is here!”

Ours is officially known as The Meepster. The name was inspired by the Phineas & Ferb character "Meap" but also because that's the sound the horn makes. I even installed a custom graphic on the rear bumper that simply says "meep!" It gets a lot of attention and smiles. And several times I have seen people in my rear view mirror taking photos of the gal!

Back