One year zero defects, then….

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Applewins

The car has been flawless for 1 year and 9600 miles, then cold weather hit and the lighted control panel (top middle) and the radio in the dash quit, until the car heats up. As soon as the car is cold again, it's out. Preheat the car in the morning and it's fine. Weird. I'll take it in under warranty so no big deal, but just wondering if this has happened to anybody else? No other systems are effected.

Oooh, interesting. If it were only the radio, I would have presumed that it might be the known fuse problem whereby the dealer did not fully insert the fuse as part of their car preparation; however, you also have a display issue, and both are temperature related. Do let us know what the problem turns out to be and Mitsu's solution. Thanks for posting.

We had a similar problem in our old Tahoe. It might be a loose connection. The CD player refused to work until it warmed up. I tore it apart and re-did the connections and it worked fine.

Is it only the radio and the buttons on it, or are the climate control knobs going out, too?

We used to have the same problem, except the radio would shut down and power up on random basis. The dealer found that wire coming from the fuse box was broken.

It's under warranty but it's a pain to get it to the dealer and we rely on the car everyday. Definitely effected by the cold temp, though. If I pre-heat the car it works fine or when the car warms up, it'll be fine.

I would check all the fuses under the dash. Possibly more than one loose fuse. I was one of those with the loose fuse.

Back