My new Electric Emblem

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need something fairly obvious Robb - When you dust off the V-8 American muscle-car at a stoplight, you don't want to leave him thinking he just got embarrassed by some souped-up turbocharged 4 cylinder Japanese econo-box . . . . you want him to know he just got thrashed by an ELECTRIC car! :lol:

Since we put the side graphics on the car, we've had ten times as many folks come up and ask us about the car, how far it can go, how quickly it accelerates, what it cost, etc, so I think anything which leads the general public to get the answers to those sorts of questions is an overall 'good thing' for the EV community. Oddly, even with "100% Electric" on the sides, many folks ask "How far can it go before the gas engine kicks in?"

Don

Well, I got my e-Powered badge from EVBadges.com today. Put that on tonight. Now, I'm just waiting for my Ford "Electric" badge (for custom non-Ford application, of course) and my license plate frame.

Sorry for the crappy photo quality. It was dusk, and I used my iPod camera.

IMG_1363-L.jpg

Once you have applied one of these emblems, like the Ford "electric" or the EV Badges "E-Powered", is there any way to pull them off and stick them somewhere else if you don't like where you originally installed them? If so, how? Will doing so cause the emblems to lose some of their adhesiveness and fall off?

RobbW said:
Once you have applied one of these emblems, like the Ford "electric" or the EV Badges "E-Powered", is there any way to pull them off and stick them somewhere else if you don't like where you originally installed them? If so, how? Will doing so cause the emblems to lose some of their adhesiveness and fall off?

Yes, they can be removed and reinstalled elswhere. You have to buy the emblem tape at your local place of auto parts. I removed my chrome Mitsubishi emblems and replaced them with the old style red Mitsubishi emblems. The back emblems were from a 99 Galant and the adhesive tape that was left on was what came from the old car, I had to scrape that off and replace with new tape. The only problem I forsee is that these emblems are quite intricate and it will need a lot of care to cut the emblem tape to the design. But, yes - they can be moved.

Hmm... maybe I won't even bother with it. I think it will probably be a bigger hassle than it is worth. My issue is that I applied the emblems on the sides of the tailgate at a point higher than the license plate. Since then, every photo of other MiEV owner's emblems that I have seen show the emblems installed under the existing "Mitsubishi" and "i-MiEV" emblems. I think I prefer the look of the lower placement, but I don't want to risk completely messing the emblems up and having to buy new ones. Below is a photo of the back of my Meepster. You can see the Ford "electric" emblem on the left and the EV Badges "e-powered" emblem on the right.

meepster-L.jpg

RobbW said:
Hmm... maybe I won't even bother with it. I think it will probably be a bigger hassle than it is worth. My issue is that I applied the emblems on the sides of the tailgate at a point higher than the license plate. Since then, every photo of other MiEV owner's emblems that I have seen show the emblems installed under the existing "Mitsubishi" and "i-MiEV" emblems. I think I prefer the look of the lower placement, but I don't want to risk completely messing the emblems up and having to buy new ones. Below is a photo of the back of my Meepster. You can see the Ford "electric" emblem on the left and the EV Badges "e-powered" emblem on the right.

Looks fine to me, nice and visible. Sometimes just have to go with your gut instict and not second guess yourself. I do it to myself all the time and it drives me nuts. It would be a pain to move them.

You know you are going to have to get a decal on the back that says 'Meep!' now. :lol:

Sandange, MLucas, here's a two for one. Put that lighted emblem on the back of the car, and have it light up under regenerative braking while underway. :cool:

Normally open push button switch on the accelerator that gets power from something 12 volts that only gets power in READY. Also have another switch on the shift lever so that the light stays off in park. The light would come on anytime you're not pushing the accelerator in any drive mode, including reverse. Push on the accelerator, light goes out.

Nice badge sandage. Wanna get me one also but am finding them a little pricey - especially the official decals from Mitsubishi.
Where did u get ures from ?

Yes- I like that illuminated red Mitsu emblem, and turning it into a regen warning lamp would sell the wife on bling in the name of safety! :p

PV1's suggestion to wire it up sounds good, though I wouldn't worry about disabling in Park, and it's easier to find a circuit that is hot with keyswitch ON than just READY. You're definitely stopped in Park, and it's a very small amperage. I wouldn't mind having it lit up when just sitting in the car listening to the radio, etc...

"Normally open push button switch on the accelerator that gets power from something 12 volts that only gets power in READY. Also have another switch on the shift lever so that the light stays off in park. The light would come on anytime you're not pushing the accelerator in any drive mode, including reverse. Push on the accelerator, light goes out."

Of course, this brake light behavior would look a little spastic, with a '3rd brake light' flashing every time we let up on the accelerator, and coasting in Neutral would look quite confusing, and may bring up regulatory questions...

Back