Mitsubishi i-Miev around the world

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmer

As part of a government program, Estonia is offerings 507 electric cars that it will hand over to social workers by May 2012.

However, there were less than enthusiastic sign ups for the program, and over 129 of those vehicles are still available.

Estonia received it's first shipment of 50 Mitsubishi i-Miev electric vehicles on September 30th. After being entered into the vehicle registry and fitted with anti-theft alarm systems, floor coverings, and special stickers, the Mitsubishi i-Miev cars will be delivered to social workers who signed up for the program.

imgen2.aspx

A UK owner review on his Mitsubishi i

We're getting a range of 65-70 miles on mixed driving, and we're never running it flat - there could be as much as 10 miles extra range on the car if we needed it. Running the heater takes around 10 miles off the range.
The amount of power used by the heater and the lights is nothing compared to the power used by the motor. A headlight uses 55 watts, a heater uses 500-600 watts - the motor can use 47,000 watts.
The car does have an alternator - of sorts. When you take your foot off the gas pedal, the motor starts taking charge from the momentum of the car and using it to top up the batteries. You can boost this recharge, using the motor to slow down the car. It is a a more relaxing drive, there are no gear changes, no vibration from the engine and no noise from the motor. The accelaration is instant and quick.

Back