Miev with C-zero parts

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dl3a83

Hello!
I have a 2012 Mieve with a bad battery, I have a broken C-zero-m with low mileage 2015.
I would like to make the following modification (has anyone done this before?):
I would remove the 2012 Miev's electric motor and OBC unit, air conditioning compressor and battery pack. I would replace the removed parts with parts from the 2015 C-zero (Battery pack would be 88 cells instead of 80, with new type LEV50N cells.) Gearbox would remain for D-B-C gears.
I know it is a big job.

Hello!
I have a 2012 Mieve with a bad battery, I have a broken C-zero-m with low mileage 2015.
I would like to make the following modification (has anyone done this before?):
I would remove the 2012 Miev's electric motor and OBC unit, air conditioning compressor and battery pack. I would replace the removed parts with parts from the 2015 C-zero (Battery pack would be 88 cells instead of 80, with new type LEV50N cells.) Gearbox would remain for D-B-C gears.
I know it is a big job.
Maybe I misunderstood but a 2015 C-Zero has 80 LEV50N cells therefore you need to find 8 more to make up a complete I-MIEV pack…

[edit] I found your earlier posts, you’re aware of what’s required battery wise so why not just swap it without bothering changing the rest? Keep your 2015 OBC & AC compressor as a spare but only replace it on fail.
The MCU seems to be VIN coded..

Last edited:
The OBC unit of the 2012 Miev is faulty and cannot be fixed, I forgot to write that down. Might start with just battery pack and OBC replacement, just wondering what would happen if....
I know it has less cells, I need to find 8 missing ones.
I need to finish repairing the faulty C-zero on the cell first, then Miev.

Last edited:
Hi dl3a83,

Where are you located?

With a bit of luck, we are close enough to play together.

Doing such swaps is easy for me. I usually deals with trains, when a swap involve heavy equipment (weight related).

All the best!

I think you will have to reprogram/reset the MCU (main controller unit), there might be some diffeernces between Mitsu/Citroen/Peugeot... You will need some special electronic devices/programs to do that. Otherwise it will not function. I believe Mitsubishi has modified some parts/settings, whereas Citroen and peugeot remained in an older status... If somebody knows exactly, please post here.

Szia dl3a83!

Hol élsz?

Egy kis szerencsével elég közel vagyunk ahhoz, hogy együtt játsszunk.

Az ilyen cseréket könnyű végrehajtani. Általában vonatokkal foglalkozom, amikor a csere nehéz (tömeggel kapcsolatos) felszerelést érint.

Minden jót!
Hungary

Last edited:
I know it has less cells, I need to find 8 missing ones..
Maybe not, don’t think it has been tried before but might work with just 80 cells if you also swap the BMU (not sure if it’s VIN coded though).

Another mad idea is to create 8 ‘virtual’ cells by reporting nonexistent CMU data to the BMS via CAN bus

Back