LiON accessary battery

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't see how that little AC unit can consume 4500w of energy. Even my 240V AC spit system In my living room only consumes 2800W and pump's out a hell of a lot more cool air than the I-miev. Ok we are working with a small evaporator and a small condenser in the I-miev . But 4500w (consumption) is a quite a big domestic AC unit.

I have a small modern Mitsubishi inverter split system AC unit that puts out (2000w of cooling capacity ) But consumes 650W when the compressor is running. We have this unit in our master bedroom that has full floor to ceiling windows. When its running its keeps the room icy cold even on a 40deg C summers day.

You can see how I just cant get my head around the I-miev's compressor needing to consume 4500W!

If it consumes 4500w then how come it dosn't reflect this. Try this for your self. When the car is parked and you turn on the AC and the compressor runs.Look at the energy gauge only moves to the right (estimating) around 1kw - 1000w mark or less. Yet when you tun on the heater 5000W (resistive load) the energy meter gauge moves to roughly 5kw mark.

That has to be showing something.

I took a small video just now of this and will post it up on U tube tomorrow with a link to it.

Kurt

800w That's Just what I was thinking and the gauge was indicating.

I can see it said 4500w in that pdf paper but that just didn't add up to me unless you wanted to store frozen vegetable's in your I-miev ;)

considering the AC unit is about 6 times more efficient than the heater. I'm not sure why they didn't use reverse cycle valve on the AC for heating in the mild climates like , Australia where you don't get sub zero temps.

kurt

offgridQLD said:
I'm not sure why they didn't use reverse cycle valve on the AC for heating in the mild climates like , Australia where you don't get sub zero temps.
The newest model of the LEAF (SL/SV) does exactly that with a heat-pump setup.

Back