License plate rattling

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradleydavidgood777

Hi,

My license plate rattles when going down the road. I have a 2017 model. Only the top 2 screw holes are available on the car, so the bottom is not secure. I've added stick on pads to the bottom, that helped a little but still an annoying noise.

Anyone else solve this?

Thanks!

my 2012 has stick-on pads behind the plate. If that doesn't work then maybe try some Alien tape or something that Phil Swift is selling :lol:

I use these, which add dead weight but silence the rattle https://www.amazon.com/Rightcar-Solutions-Flawless-Silicone-License/dp/B07CV5PLFM/ref=asc_df_B07CV5PLFM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241899084459&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17699936952611143953&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1027744&hvtargid=pla-783100156272&psc=1

I bent my plate outwards a bit on the bottom center. Still moves around but at least isn’t hitting anything now.

I had to recently change out my plate this year because of pealing on the old one. Decided to not put back on my license plate holder, that made the difference and no more rattle for me. I always suspected that was my culprit but never bothered to fix it before.

Decided to not put back on my license plate holder, that made the difference and no more rattle for me.
That makes sense. When I saw this thread, I wondered why I'd never heard any rattling. But I took off the frames first thing when I bought the car. They're just ads for the dealer, nothing useful AFAICT.

Back