iMiev as Golf Cart. Fun!!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jealoussea

Good evening,

I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Mitsubishi iMiev, which I purchased from a dealer auction last week. My original idea was to buy a golf cart and get it all done up, but I couldn't pass this deal up. I have already removed the doors and unplugged the annoying door chime.

I would love to get some help. If you could use your iMiev inside campgrounds and on private property what would you do to yours?

I attached a pic of what is done thus far.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I've always thought of doing something neat with a salvage car. Upload your pics at the link below and I'll try to post them.

https://dbinbox.com/pv1

Jealoussea said:
I have already removed the doors and unplugged the annoying door chime. If you could use your iMiev inside campgrounds and on private property what would you do to yours?
Thanks,
Jeremy
I drive my car on the grass in the back yard all of the time. If you park with the doors and the rear hatch open you can get good outdoor music from the speakers in the doors.

If water gets inside the car it will kill the electronics. The cars computer is located under the back seat, and there are sensors mounted low that when they fault will prevent the car from running. The car is not made to be in the rain like a golf cart. You should put the doors back on.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm just going to use it in decent weather and get a good cover. This is meant to be a fun vehicle. I appreciate the concern, but the doors are staying off. Thanks again for the heads up.

If you have somewhere dry to park it (enclosed garage ideally) and only drive around in dry weather, I don't see a problem. The only thing is, the speakers were in the doors. Now you don't have any tunes! :lol:

If I could find a salvage i-MiEV with only damage to the roof, I'd probably chop the top and make it a convertible :cool: . As for off-road driving, just as it is. No need to get the interior all dirty when cruising through a hayfield.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30vph8t1lbt9s9k/20131029_162132.jpg?dl=0

Well I'm not sure how to react to this.
But since I'm a Glass half-full type of guy I will say
It's nice to know there is someone I can approach if I get a big gash Or dent in my door And i have to get a replacement white door.

Don

Jealoussea said:
I have already removed the doors and unplugged the annoying door chime. If you could use your iMiev inside campgrounds and on private property what would you do to yours?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Without the doors you have no music, air conditioning or heat.

Would you be interested in selling?

Were I a regular golfer, I'd have certainly requested cart path privileges for MR BEAN! You found any wide turf tires to fit it with? The torklift hitch receiver could certainly carry a foursome's worth of bags.

Back