I lost my remote climate control !

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. The only way to get heat while plugged in is with the remote. Of course, some other EVs allow you to do this, but the i-MiEV doesn't.

PV1 said:
No. The only way to get heat while plugged in is with the remote. Of course, some other EVs allow you to do this, but the i-MiEV doesn't.

What if I went out and put the key in, turned to ACC, ( but not Ready) and put the heat on ?
I figure I have to go out and shovel the Damn Snow anyway, so walking outside is not an issue.
Before I had the Auto-Start on my Trucks I used to run out start and put on the heat and run back in ... emphasis on run.

Someone told me that they had done that and the A/C went on, probably because it was on when they turned off the car.

When plugged in, the fan and heated seat will function, but not the heater or AC. I've tried a few times. One day, I had groceries to keep cool in the car while I was charging. The only way to do it was to turn the key off and trigger AC with the remote. I couldn't even listen to the radio without the AC shutting off :evil: after starting it with the remote.

I could understand this move by Mitsubishi. To get any appreciable heat, the car wouldn't charge as all power would go to the heater.

There is a way around this, though. Like some other members further north, a diesel heater can be installed, and that can provide heat while charging. It also provides more heat than the stock electric heater.

Then again, the remote may be cheaper (and definitely an easier solution).

Maybe by the time Winter comes there will be a cheap one on ebay

Course, it was 50 (!) here in Boston today !!!!!!!!

Back